• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Useless Government agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was gonna say the EU Blue Card WP is years away and Schengen Zone only..

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Curious as to why you think it is a racist process - just had a shuftie around the website and found the following but couldn't see any mention of "no darkies" anywhere
      Which bit do you find shameful?
      I find it shameful that legally she could only work for us, to me a basic hallmark of a civilised country is that you are free to quit your job.
      Under the Blue Card rules, she was not, this being the choice of the last "left wing" government.

It is racist on the basis of discriminating against people by country of origin, this does not apply to Germans or French (who just happen to average whiter) any yet who are over here in great numbers. London now has so many French citizens that it has a seat in the French parliament which is a swizz because by population of French adults London is France's 5th biggest city and should have several. But they are mostly whiter than Romainas so that's all right then.,

This comes from Daily Mail hysteria that implied we'd be overrun. The fact that this has never happened with any state joining the EU, does not assuage the racists.
      My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
        I find it shameful that legally she could only work for us, to me a basic hallmark of a civilised country is that you are free to quit your job.
        Under the Blue Card rules, she was not, this being the choice of the last "left wing" government.

It is racist on the basis of discriminating against people by country of origin, this does not apply to Germans or French (who just happen to average whiter) any yet who are over here in great numbers. London now has so many French citizens that it has a seat in the French parliament which is a swizz because by population of French adults London is France's 5th biggest city and should have several. But they are mostly whiter than Romainas so that's all right then.,

This comes from Daily Mail hysteria that implied we'd be overrun. The fact that this has never happened with any state joining the EU, does not assuage the racists.
        Both the 'left' and the 'right' contradict themselves regularly about migration, quite aside from disagreeing with each other. The left claim to support workers' rights but introduce legislation that prevents migrants from using the same right to leave a job and take another job as other workers do. The right talk of free markets and competition, but seem to legislate to make markets free for (large) businesses and not the people competing for jobs and trying to find the best offer going. Both sides want freedom for their own constituency but are terrified of freedom for the other.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The Blue Card isn't relevant to UK, think the Romanian lass is yanking your chain, phnar...

Romanians could only work here as self employed until recently, now they have free access to the UK job market, no permits required.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post

Immigration controls the world over are based on your entitlement by birth or naturalisation. Not sure how else you would decide on granting visas?

If you have any club with benefits you tend to have the access restricted based on a set of rules.

Romania & Poland have both recently joined the EU and become eligible for the EU benefits of freedom of movement that come with that. Before that they were considered non EU and had restricted movement with work visas need to be sponsored a specific employer.

Only EU countries have freedom of movement. Australian & US citizens would need work visas to be employed in the UK as well, just as I would if I went to work in the US.

Facts on migration with references.

MigrationWatchUK
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Immigration controls the world over are based on your entitlement by birth or naturalisation. Not sure how else you would decide on granting visas?

If you have any club with benefits you tend to have the access restricted based on a set of rules.

Romania & Poland have both recently joined the EU and become eligible for the EU benefits of freedom of movement that come with that. Before that they were considered non EU and had restricted movement with work visas need to be sponsored a specific employer.

Only EU countries have freedom of movement. Australian & US citizens would need work visas to be employed in the UK as well, just as I would if I went to work in the US.

Facts on migration with references.

MigrationWatchUK
              Poland was an A8 country, entered in 2004 - did you mean Bulgaria? Both Bulgarians and Romanians had restricted access to the labour market here but could live here and/or work self-employed. Even that was 2007.

And did you know US citizens are the biggest abusers of UK immigration rules? Bit of info, not relevant....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Poland was an A8 country, entered in 2004 - did you mean Bulgaria? Both Bulgarians and Romanians had restricted access to the labour market here but could live here and/or work self-employed. Even that was 2007.

And did you know US citizens are the biggest abusers of UK immigration rules? Bit of info, not relevant....
                recently = a decade, this is immigration not a grand prix everything is slow.

I didn't know about the US citizens, have any references?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  recently = a decade, this is immigration not a grand prix everything is slow.

I didn't know about the US citizens, have any references?
                  No refs - just visit immigration boards (foreign mrs) and a few UKBA folks hang out there plus it was mentioned on UK Border Force!

Apparently its cause they just wander over here thinking its laissez faire re: working, getting married etc, - no visit visa need therefore Work Permit/Spouse visa not needed either...

Plus they are not per se economic migrants just don't think the rules apply to them and don't have the look of fear the average Bob has on being questioned...

Comment

No refs - just visit immigration boards (foreign mrs) and a few UKBA folks hang out there plus it was mentioned on UK Border Force!

Apparently its cause they just wander over here thinking its laissez faire re: working, getting married etc, - no visit visa need therefore Work Permit/Spouse visa not needed either...

Plus they are not per se economic migrants just don't think the rules apply to them and don't have the look of fear the average Bob has on being questioned...
                    I know two Saffers who were kicked out for overstaying their visas so they do catch up sometimes.

Comment

UK Border Force seems to have a lot of Amercians, Saffers and Aussies on it.

They get so angry when border officials question them.

The best program I saw was an Amercian whose car was being imported here, he got stopped at the airport with the import documents on him and got kicked out as it was clear he wasn't coming on holiday.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X