• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House buying at an auction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick note, as some advice here is wrong. You'll rarely be able to source a mortgage for an auction property.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
      Just a quick note, as some advice here is wrong. You'll rarely be able to source a mortgage for an auction property.
      Hi Old Hack

I see what you mean as the amount cannot be open ended. However, you would submit the application based on your maximum bid / guide price and would then borrow the required percentage if the bid is succesful. Essentially, it is a case of making sure that you can get a mortgage on the property because once you have exchanged there is no going back unless you can complete with cash.

Comment

I can only hope that you're wrong there.

Bought this yesterday

Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
          Hi Old Hack

I see what you mean as the amount cannot be open ended. However, you would submit the application based on your maximum bid / guide price and would then borrow the required percentage if the bid is succesful. Essentially, it is a case of making sure that you can get a mortgage on the property because once you have exchanged there is no going back unless you can complete with cash.
          Many, if not most, auction properties have no kitchen or bathroom, and I was under the belief there are few mortgage peeps out there that would allow you to borrow without on, the other, or both. Love to be wrong, and if so, I may delve into it...

Not a house that size mind you faqqer

Comment

Many, if not most, auction properties have no kitchen or bathroom, and I was under the belief there are few mortgage peeps out there that would allow you to borrow without on, the other, or both. Love to be wrong, and if so, I may delve into it...

Not a house that size mind you faqqer
            If it's without living accommodation, then you're right - but the same is true if you buy a wreck anyway. But plenty of property at auction has everything ready to go - there was a 6 bedroom house in Middlewich yesterday which started bidding at £5k with no reserve.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              I can only hope that you're wrong there.

Bought this yesterday

seriously? wow you lucky boy. See you on grand designs.

Being a church you probably have some sort of right to bill the neighbours for repairs.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

When do the sermons start at the Church of Faq?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  seriously? wow you lucky boy. See you on grand designs.
                  Yep - unfortunately, they aren't looking for new properties at the moment.

I'm still hoping that Sarah Beeny wants to come and have a good rummage around

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Being a church you probably have some sort of right to bill the neighbours for repairs.
                  I can only hope.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    When do the sermons start at the Church of Faq?
                    It's my plan B - religion is the way forward.

I'm going to start by putting a collection box and a big thermometer outside and ask for contributions to the church roof fund.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I've seen BTL's for sake here in Dublin, 7 bedrooms, student house, €259,000 yield pa €48,000, seems high that but it's not something I know about!

Comment

Working...
                      X