• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Runaway Teacher Found Guilty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
    Which begs the question, what is the right age ?

Is age the right parameter anyway, I don't recall waking up much more responsible on my 16th, 18th or 50th birthdays.
    I don't think counting pubes would work very well.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
      I think the court will try and set a precedent. I completely agree, 15 is still a child, it is disgusting. I think 16 is too young for the age of consent
      but there aren't that many 16 year old virgins around today
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        but there aren't that many 16 year old virgins around today
        I think the law should be based on age difference. When i was 16 i had a girlfriend who was 15, under the law sleeping with her was illegal. In my eyes there is nothing wrong with that, but a 40 or 50 year old it is disgusting. If i were the law makers i would apply the 1/2 age plus 7 rule for relationships where the younger party is under 21.

Comment

I think that is the problem, there are some very mature 15 years old, and very immature 16 year old's, one rule will never work for other situations so they have to air on the side of caution.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
            I think the law should be based on age difference. When i was 16 i had a girlfriend who was 15, under the law sleeping with her was illegal. In my eyes there is nothing wrong with that, but a 40 or 50 year old it is disgusting. If i were the law makers i would apply the 1/2 age plus 7 rule for relationships where the younger party is under 21.
            So Bill Wyman should be locked up?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Or just wait until they finish school 3:40

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                I think that is the problem, there are some very mature 15 years old, and very immature 16 year old's, one rule will never work for other situations so they have to air on the side of caution.
                Which is why the law as it stands is not too bad, as it is generally applied with discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Which is why the law as it stands is not too bad, as it is generally applied with discretion.
                  But a 50 year old can sleep with a very-very imature 16 year old and the law is powerless. But a 17 year old could sleep with a very mature 15 year old and go to prison.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    He said "I love you" as the jury returned. What's the story here? Does he love her? Is it reciprocated? Will we see them both on Jeremy Kyle when he gets out?

Sad tangled mess, but he did break the rules.
                    Radio 4 news last night did mention that the girl was sat nearer his family than hers when the verdict was being read and that she was comforted by "an older woman" not her mother.

As you said, it's a sad tangled mess. The correct verdict was reached but it is hardly a moment for celebration
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                      Radio 4 news last night did mention that the girl was sat nearer his family than hers when the verdict was being read and that she was comforted by "an older woman" not her mother.

As you said, it's a sad tangled mess. The correct verdict was reached but it is hardly a moment for celebration
                      I suspect that they will end up together. They went to france because the age of consent there is 15. They thought they would be safe, then realised the police were after him, concocted a story about how she was suicidal and agreed to come back together.

Comment

Working...
                      X