• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Un-Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Yep. And of course its free.

Never knew though - babies dont sleep as long when you give them breast milk. The manufactured stuff apparently has more in it so they sleep longer.

Currently lucky if shes going 2 hours. Tell me this is going to change soon! (Other son is almost 10 so I cant remember!)
    Breast milk is much more easily digestible, so doesn't keep them full for as long.

Something that sometimes helps is to feed from one side, alternating for the next feed. The first deluge of milk is watery, then the thicker stuff comes through. Many women who switch sides after, say, 10 minutes, change just as the good stuff is coming in, so baby just gets watery stuff and is hungry quicker. Does make you a bit lopsided for a bit, but your body soon adapts.

Comment

Last day at client and I can't be arsed. Off tomorrow - Glastonbury.

Strangely, still not bothered, they certainly caused me a lot of grief. Be nice to have a little time off.

Strange thing is I haven't gone yet and they're already beginning to realise that letting me go might cause them problems. They did want me to hand over to one of the permies, but hes in another office and can't come this week, and, of course, they left it to the last minute to decide this. Unlucky then!

They're already hinting that maybe they might ask me back or ask me to come in for a few days to help out. Think they were a bit put out when I said, I'd consider coming back for 3 month contract if I wasn't doing anything else, but if it was for odd days then a consultancy rate would apply and not just the standard day rate.

I'm sure they think I'm going to be sitting waiting for them to throw me crumbs off their table.....
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        but if it was for odd days then a consultancy rate would apply and not just the standard day rate
        Ha ha excellent! ***** 'em up the arse bad!

Sorry. I mean, charge a rate commensurate with comparable professions (e.g. accountant, dentist)

Comment

Working...
        X