• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Un-Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    He's still at least 9 kids behind you mate
    and 120lbs.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
      Best time for this to happen. Market seems buoyant in infrastructure and you have a new baby to spend time with if you wish. Well done for surviving a truly awful twunt of a client.
      Hmmm. Dunno about being buoyant.
      Yeh. Warchest is there and I'm surprisingly OK about it. We'll see how it goes....

After the sleepless nights, is working away a few nights that bad? ;-)
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        You don't say...

Yes you can, and did very regularly and ad infinitum..

Complain when you are in the gig, complain when the renew and still at it when they bin you. Poor buggers can't win.

Enjoy your time at home, get a great gig with nothing to complain about and you will wonder why on earth you stuck it through for so long. Looking forward to the boomed thread soon.
        Careful now NLUK. First few sentences were normal you but that last part you almost came over a nice guy LOL :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          What's your field of work?
          Unix support/admin, network management mainly.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Hmmm. Dunno about being buoyant.
            Yeh. Warchest is there and I'm surprisingly OK about it. We'll see how it goes....

After the sleepless nights, is working away a few nights that bad? ;-)
            When we had ours the midwife told me to move into the spare room so that I would get a nice nights sleep Wife was about to protest about it when the midwife turned on her and said you can sleep when the baby does he needs to go to work I didn't have the guts to move into the spare room so I got a job in Holland instead!

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              When we had ours the midwife told me to move into the spare room so that I would get a nice nights sleep Wife was about to protest about it when the midwife turned on her and said you can sleep when the baby does he needs to go to work I didn't have the guts to move into the spare room so I got a job in Holland instead!
              LOL. Nice one midwife....

I been in the spare room but getting up to do the bottles etc. Easy peasy. Get up sort the bottle, give to wife, back to bed. 5 mins tops. Wife then feeds/does nappy.

She seems happy with this but I feel a bit guilty. First day back WFH today.

Comment

I been in the spare room but getting up to do the bottles etc. Easy peasy. Get up sort the bottle, give to wife, back to bed. 5 mins tops.
                Breast feeding is best.

Man wakes up. Checks. Nope, he doesn't have tits. Goes back to sleep. Sorted.
                Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                  Breast feeding is best.

Man wakes up. Checks. Nope, he doesn't have tits. Goes back to sleep. Sorted.
                  Yep. And of course its free.

Never knew though - babies dont sleep as long when you give them breast milk. The manufactured stuff apparently has more in it so they sleep longer.

Currently lucky if shes going 2 hours. Tell me this is going to change soon! (Other son is almost 10 so I cant remember!)

Comment

Yep. And of course its free.

Never knew though - babies dont sleep as long when you give them breast milk. The manufactured stuff apparently has more in it so they sleep longer.

Currently lucky if shes going 2 hours. Tell me this is going to change soon! (Other son is almost 10 so I cant remember!)
                    Depends on how huch they are getting out of the nork...

Comment

My elder daughter never slept for more than 20 minutes until she was 13 months old. She would sleep in the car if you drove, but woke up as soon as you stopped to try and grab some sleep yourself.

She just screamed the whole time. And I mean SCREAMED!!!
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X