• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One of my pet hates about contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Poor planning and communication on your part.

The trick is to be working on several client projects at once and whenever anyone asks, you are busy on the other project.

Damn straight.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      can i get a jobcode for that?
      jfdi

hth
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

First thing I do on a new gig is ask what is the timecode for filling in the timesheets
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          First thing I do on a new gig is ask what is the timecode for filling in the timesheets
          ...and meetings.

Currently 5 team scrums, 3 dev scrums, 3 data scrums and a weekly team meeting.

Their terminology btw, not mine...

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            jfdi

hth
            Did I work with you recently?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              It's fine if you have a job code, but if your work dries up, what do you put into the tool?
              Whatever the job code is for "not working today because there is no work, I'm a contractor not a permanent employee - you see that's the benefits of using a flexible workforce".

Or the nearest equivalent - sometimes, it's as basic as "0 hours" or "Holiday".
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Maybe you should put the new coversheet on all the TPS reports before they go out.

So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great.

Comment

Go home?

Would help your IR35 position.
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Did I work with you recently?
                    Maybe
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Filling in complicated timesheets is a pain in the arse, but as long as it's done in billable time it's a lucrative pain in the arse.

Keep calm and invoice!
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X