• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online share dealing sites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online share dealing sites

Hello

Does anyone have any recommendations for decent online share dealing sites ?
    My contract expires soon, and given I've been looking for a new one for over a year with no success, I expect to be out of work for quite a while.
    Thought I would spend my time making a few million on the stock market instead. (Or just speeding up the process of my house being repossessed because I've lost everything).

Thank you

Couple I've used are selftrade and TD Waterhouse

Online Share Dealing, Trading Accounts, Financial Spread Betting
    Share dealing accounts, self select ISAs, SIPPs, CTFs / Selftrade Investments

Good luck.

Comment

Thank you, I'll take a look at those.

Comment

I use Hargreaves Lansdown | ISAs, SIPPs, funds and shares | Share dealing, I'll admit its not the cheapest when it comes to the fee for dealing, but rock solid when it comes to customer service etc
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I use iWeb which does what I need

Interested in why you think you may be out of work for a while - niche or common skillset?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post

Interested in why you think you may be out of work for a while - niche or common skillset?
            Just plain old Unix Admin.
            Being a pretty tulip unix admin is holding me back aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
              Just plain old Unix Admin.
              Being a pretty tulip unix admin is holding me back aswell.
              Sorry, I did have to laugh.

Just remember to sign on the dole, and claim interest relief on the mortgage, as they can't repossess if you are at least paying the interest.

Then don't spend the time gambling your money, but training in something else, that people need. Jeez, for 4k you could reinvent yourself as a DBA with the right training, then ensure your CV says DBA work in every gig you did.

Comment

Or train up on something on the UK skills shortage list

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...nlistnov11.pdf

Comment

Has anybody actually got any tips on share dealing? Always wondered how easy it is, how much money you need to put into it, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post

Then don't spend the time gambling your money, but training in something else, that people need. Jeez, for 4k you could reinvent yourself as a DBA with the right training, then ensure your CV says DBA work in every gig you did.
                    Very good advice, and I know I really do need to get myself trained up.
                    But I've spent over 25 years in IT, and have hated every minute of it.
                    Just cannot bear (bare? i dunno) the thought of paying thousands of pounds to train in something I don't want to know, to stay in an industry I don't want to stay in.
                    I need a career change. I want to dig up buried treasure for a living. I'm going to buy a spade.

Comment

Working...
                    X