• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Idea of Hull

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    Runcorn.....I'd blocked that one out of my memory. Rockcliff computers and working for the biggest permie I've ever worked with/for. The only contract I've ever walked from!
    I only ever knew that place from the motorway services. What were they back in the 70s? Granada, Rank?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Bedford followed by Shoeburyness...
      SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

I should add Maidstone to the list too.

Comment

Originally posted by Netraider View Post
          Bedford followed by Shoeburyness...
          Bedford's not as bad as it's made out to be. It has a college of higher education (that's a polyversity for thickos) with 4 times as many women as men.

Comment

Preston
            Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by tranceporter View Post
              Lol, are you saying that you hated subsidised food from Nationwide kitchen? Assuming you worked there
              There is no subsidised canteen where I am working, if anything the cafe in the building is wildly overpriced.
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I only ever knew that place from the motorway services. What were they back in the 70s? Granada, Rank?
                They were Rank then and they still are!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  They were Rank then and they still are!!!

Oh no, in my day (I decided to use that phrase once in my life!), a trip to the motorway services was a special treat, we enjoyed it! A big heap of coagulated chips, some stodgy batter with a trace of haddock hiding somewhere inside, a big bottle of Sarsons on the table, a salt pot that fell open if you turned it upside down and shook it and a vague smell of diesel in the mushy peas and we were happy. It was tulip, but we were happy! Actually, no, it was just tulip.

Comment

Swindon is rubbish also. The old town is ok but the reast of it. My first and second contracts were there - PHH and Raychem
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Worst was in Theale - Theale itself was OK, but I was stuck in a portacabin in an empty warehouse with lots of bobs who liked to heat up their curries in the tiny unventilated kitchen. Afternoons really were hellish.

Comment

Working...
                      X