• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Idea of Hull

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Near Stoke on Trent, in a Caudwell Group office cum factory cum oversized rusty old converted aircraft hangar

No shops for miles, and the industrial estate canteen grub was literally like something out of Nelson's navy but without the grog to wash it down
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Near Stoke on Trent, in a Caudwell Group office cum factory cum oversized rusty old converted aircraft hangar

No shops for miles, and the industrial estate canteen grub was literally like something out of Nelson's navy but without the grog to wash it down
      Doesn't surprise me the food was bad; were there no local establishments wth better hygiene practises?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        swindon...
        Lol, are you saying that you hated subsidised food from Nationwide kitchen? Assuming you worked there
        I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

swindon...

Comment

Warrington.

Comment

swindon...
              I quite enjoyed my 9 months at National Trust.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                I quite enjoyed my 9 months at National Trust.
                I think that belongs in the old farts thread.

Comment

Slough
                  And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                    Slough
                    Yes, utter, utter poo-hole. Staines is even worse.

Comment

Runcorn.....I'd blocked that one out of my memory. Rockcliff computers and working for the biggest permie I've ever worked with/for. The only contract I've ever walked from!
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X