• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guten tag, Wie geht's?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guten tag, Wie geht's?

I hear calls regarding my whereabouts echoing in the distance, fear not, I'm still alive. Just busy.

There is much to be told, stories of adventure, intrigue, and and high speed car chases. But now is not the time to tell it… vielleicht später.

Oh and I've left the world of contracting to set up my own consultancy here in Munich. Must have taken me a year to become established (the busy part), but it was worth it. My office overlooks the English garden, it's beautiful. Now the business has several clients so every minute is a busy one, but it's exciting. Working on projects that would make a difference, which was all I ever wanted, besides making a fat pile of cash.

So for those of you thinking about plan B, go for it. But my suggestion is stick to what you know.

So what did I miss?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I hear calls regarding my whereabouts echoing in the distance, fear not, I'm still alive. Just busy.

There is much to be told, stories of adventure, intrigue, and and high speed car chases. But now is not the time to tell it… vielleicht später.

Oh and I've left the world of contracting to set up my own consultancy here in Munich. Must have taken me a year to become established (the busy part), but it was worth it. My office overlooks the English garden, it's beautiful. Now the business has several clients so every minute is a busy one, but it's exciting. Working on projects that would make a difference, which was all I ever wanted, besides making a fat pile of cash.

So for those of you thinking about plan B, go for it. But my suggestion is stick to what you know.

So what did I miss?
    The chance to recruit Suity!! He is now as german as apple pie.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

apfel

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          apfel

Suity ist ein kartoffel.

See, I know German

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            Suity ist ein pimmelkopf

See, I know German
            ftfy
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Oh and I've left the world of contracting to set up my own consultancy here in Munich.
              Can you speak proper Boarisch or a just one of us pathetic Ausländer‎?

You can make some practice here:

Bayrisches Wrterbuch
              <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
                Can you speak proper Boarisch or a just one of us pathetic Ausländer‎?

You can make some practice here:

Bayrisches Wrterbuch

I'm sure he speaks proper German and the locals let him off with not knowing the local dialect.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

I'm sure he speaks proper German and the locals let him off with not knowing the local dialect.
                  Much prefer the Saxony dialect compared to the Bayern dialect, words too close together here. More obsessed with reading then speaking these days, always another noun or adjective to learn, Zu oder nach?, verb placement drives me up the wall.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

He is back!

Comment

Working...
                    X