• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Girly question about Mercs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panda 4X4
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Panda 4X4
      As I have witnessed up the Gotthard Pass: an Audi A3 with winter tyres was perfect for the situation. An A3 3.2 quattro even better

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        As I have witnessed up the Gotthard Pass: an Audi A3 with winter tyres was perfect for the situation. An A3 3.2 quattro even better
        I think you can get bigger engines for the panda 4x4 in CH and Italy; dunno if it's the 1.9 jtd and dunno how they fit the damned engine in them, but they haul all sorts of crap up mountains in them.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I think you can get bigger engines for the panda 4x4 in CH and Italy; dunno if it's the 1.9 jtd and dunno how they fit the damned engine in them, but they haul all sorts of crap up mountains in them.
          Top engine, that 1.9JTD, but I'd be surprised if it fitted. Their 1.3JTD is a top engine mind. FIAT are really on top of their games with regards to their engines.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            I just hate the aggro in ice or snow, and I resented having to spend so much money on winter tyres when I drove a BMW.

OH thank you for that very comprehensive reply!
            Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
              Problem solved.

They tend to get a bit lairy over 70mph though, or my old one did...

Comment

I've not been following this thread, but which Merc, why does it have to be a Merc (since a lot of them are RWD and you don't want RWD)?

If you want a well engineered saloon car, hatch or convertible, pretty much all the Audi range have quattro models.....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  I've not been following this thread, but which Merc, why does it have to be a Merc (since a lot of them are RWD and you don't want RWD)?

If you want a well engineered saloon car, hatch or convertible, pretty much all the Audi range have quattro models.....
                  All the Mercs have 4 wheel drive....

Just not in the UK!

I find Audi's a tad dull, to be frank, although a few are nice. You are right though, a nice A4 quattro would do the work asked of it very well.

Comment

very true...

but if you are extoling the virtues of that fiat 1.9 jtd it works very well stuck in one of these

Comment

Working...
                    X