• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exams again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't remember anything from the books I read at GCSE and I like reading.

Also as kids can't leave school or have to be an apprenticeship until they are 18, GCSEs should be scrapped.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      I am a bit conerned as Pogle jr will be one of the guinea pigs for this new qualification, and taking a new set of exams with no past papers and not knowing what to expect is a bit daunting.
      Don't worry. I was among the first year to do GCSE. Does that reassure you?

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

youngster!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          I can.

I particularly remember how much I hate William Frigging Golding & his unpleasant "Lord of the Flies" tome.
          Why on earth were you memorising her GCSE books??!?!?!
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            I can.

I particularly remember how much I hate William Frigging Golding & his unpleasant "Lord of the Flies" tome.
            My pet hate in English Lit was the poem ' Mending Wall' by Robert Frost, thoroughly analysed by a bunch of pseuds here.

When asked what I had learnt from this poem I responded 'it's easier to hire a bricklayer'.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

would have thought it was an instruction book for your esteemed customers
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                why?
                Simply because the vast majority of people don't like studying Shakespeare, so you're anomalous by definition if you did. I'm not saying you shouldn't like it, merely that it's unusual for people at GCSE age.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Nope, just makes me feel old
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                  X