• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wednesday Conundrum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy sounds like a bit of a really. Thanks for the car and the baby. Had enough of you now so have it back, and btw, I'm banging someone else.

Is she a schizo or just very upset and possibly tulip scared about being a single mum at what sounds like a very young age when her ex has quite clearly been out having more fun himself?

Good luck to him with getting access to the baby. Could end up costing a fortune and get no-where. Paying maintenance has absolutely no bearing on access.

Comment

I had been in a very similar situation (without a kid but with a house), I would advise boy A to keep his cool and not do anything rash. Try and find a solution that works for both that gets things resolved quickly. I was in a position where my ex wanted 5k more than i though she was entitled to, I was stubborn, hurt and bitter and it ended up costing me 18 months of stress and a lot more than 5k.

In scenarios like this there is no real winner, there are just a tulip load of losers, and because of the feelings and hurt involved, it often turns into a "cut off nose to spite face" scenario. The most important thing to consider here is the child, it can't be allowed to be used as a bargaining chip or a weapon. Could boy a and girl a be open to some form of mediation to try and find some middle ground?

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        Boy sounds like a bit of a really. Thanks for the car and the baby. Had enough of you now so have it back, and btw, I'm banging someone else.

Is she a schizo or just very upset and possibly tulip scared about being a single mum at what sounds like a very young age when her ex has quite clearly been out having more fun himself?

Good luck to him with getting access to the baby. Could end up costing a fortune and get no-where. Paying maintenance has absolutely no bearing on access.
        WGB9S
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

The way the boy ended it all was a sight more sudden than it needed to be, and he could have handled it much more considerately IMHO.
          However, as for the rest of your knee-jerk rant, you are well wide of the mark. I suspect that you have been on the receiving end of a nasty dumping and are just projecting your own bitterness into this scenario.
          I hope that doing so was cathartic.

Her "ex" has been working away all week as a long distance lorry driver to keep a roof over their heads, and comes home to a house that is permanently in tulip state because the lazy little chav has spent the week watching Jeremy Kyle, getting tattoos, and getting various parts of her body pierced. In between stalking him and anyone else he knows all over Facebook of course.

Thanks for that Judge Judy. Just as a point of interest, are you speaking from experience or just venting hot air from the jilted end of the spectrum?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Maybe she is depressed. It sounds like she has been living a fairly tulipty life. I doubt she's enjoyed being relegated to a role of full time cleaner and child carer.

I'd also suggest that buying the BMW was a dumb move from both of them, especially if it's mostly sitting there because he's away all the time. Could have bought a much cheaper runaround and spent the savings on a cleaner.
            Last edited by doodab; 6 June 2013, 15:01.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Maybe she is depressed. It sounds like she has been living a fairly tulipty life.

I'd also suggest that buying the BMW was a dumb move from both of them, especially if it's mostly sitting there because he's away all the time. Could have bought a much cheaper runaround and spent the savings on a cleaner.
              It was. A move that can be added to a long and fairly uninspiring list sadly.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Could have bought a much cheaper runaround and spent the savings on a cleaner.
                But it's so difficult to find a decent cleaner...

Comment

Maybe she is depressed. It sounds like she has been living a fairly tulipty life. I doubt she's enjoyed being relegated to a role of full time cleaner and child carer.
                  She works part-time, and her dad (who is living on benefits with his wife, who has never worked a day in her life!) looks after the sprog for a couple of days during the week. It is not that big a place and ought to be easy to keep relatively tidy with only one toddler to look after.
                  Mrs SB kept a house twice that size shipshape with 4 sprogs yapping at her ankles.
                  However, when you factor in umpteen hours worth of Jeremy Kyle each day I expect there just doesn't seem to be enough time!
                  The tragic fact is that she has been raised in a house where nobody does fook-all and she seems to view that as normal. The boy does not, and after working long hours during the week was fed up coming home to a grotty house that he had to spend his weekends tidying up.
                  It was only ever going to end one way really.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Her "ex" has been working away all week as a long distance lorry driver to keep a roof over their heads, and comes home to a house that is permanently in tulip state because the lazy little chav has spent the week watching Jeremy Kyle, getting tattoos, and getting various parts of her body pierced. In between stalking him and anyone else he knows all over Facebook of course.
                    And there was me being impressed by how impartial you were appearing to be.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      The way the boy ended it all was a sight more sudden than it needed to be, and he could have handled it much more considerately IMHO.
                      However, as for the rest of your knee-jerk rant, you are well wide of the mark. I suspect that you have been on the receiving end of a nasty dumping and are just projecting your own bitterness into this scenario.
                      I hope that doing so was cathartic.

Thanks for that Judge Judy. Just as a point of interest, are you speaking from experience or just venting hot air from the jilted end of the spectrum?

I have had a few dumpings in my time, a couple less nice than I would have liked. I suppose there is no nice way to do it.

"the lazy little chav has spent the week watching Jeremy Kyle, getting tattoos, and getting various parts of her body pierced. In between stalking him and anyone else he knows all over Facebook of course."

Confirms everything we thought about you already.......

Comment

Working...
                      X