• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Syria stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Syria stuff

Britain succeeded in persuading the European Union not to renew an embargo on supplying weapons to Syria's opposition forces
    The White House said that it backed the drive by Britain and France to ensure that Syrian rebels were capable of taking on the regime, which has launched an offensive to retake opposition territory in the run-up to an international peace conference next month. The Pentagon has been asked to draw plans for a no-fly-zone which would be enforced by US, British and French fighter jets
    Russia vowed to deliver a sophisticated anti-aircraft missile system to Bashar al-Assad after expressing anger over British-led moves to arm Syria's rebels.
    Moscow said it was being forced to send the S-300 system to Syria's president to prevent Western "hotheads" from intervening in the country's civil war.
    Israel added to the growing sense of escalation by saying it would not stand by while the S-300 missiles were deployed.
    Is it just me that thinks we should stay out of this mess?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    No.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      No.
      Ta

Comment

Nein.

Comment

Agreed. There seem to be some right unsavoury groups among the 'rebels'.

From a strategic point of view it could be like the Iraq c0ck-up, where we remove a leader who is actually keeping a lid on the likes of al-quaeda.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Agreed. There seem to be some right unsavoury groups among the 'rebels'.

From a strategic point of view it could be like the Iraq c0ck-up, where we remove a leader who is actually keeping a lid on the likes of al-quaeda.
            So really we should arm both sides

Comment

So really we should arm both sides
              Sell arms.

Comment

I think the long term goal is to destabilise Iran.

It may look as if it is a complete mess but I think this has all been very carefully thought out and the plan running for a while, since before Libya anyway. Not really very nice though.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Not really very nice though.
                  No, but you can thank Carter for it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    No, but you can thank Carter for it.
                    wtf did he do?

Comment

Working...
                    X