• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

never thought about this but suppose it was common - yuk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Jesus Christ Nick! If you want us to make decisions based on the story as opposed to the headline the entire moral fabric of CUK could collapse.
    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by TransitTrucker View Post
      Was this the same Japanese army that perpetrated the attrocities and war crimes reported worldwide?

revolution: wwii japan

Wasn't that why the US dropped 2 hydrogen bombs. 1 would have worked well enough. 2 gave the impression that the enemy could be totally obliterated for their sins.

Then oddly the US covered up the extent of Japanese war crimes. Not sure why. If you visit Hawaii you will find many Japanese in the 51st state. They have been there for 150 years. Maybe pressure was put on the US government. Or maybe, they wanted Japanese backing during the cold war.

They dropped 2 hydrogen bombs ?

wow. you are a font of knowledge. (font 6 , airhead)

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Was this the same Japanese army that perpetrated the attrocities and war crimes reported worldwide?

Wasn't that why the US dropped 2 hydrogen bombs. 1 would have worked well enough. 2 gave the impression that the enemy could be totally obliterated for their sins.

Then oddly the US covered up the extent of Japanese war crimes. Not sure why. If you visit Hawaii you will find many Japanese in the 51st state. They have been there for 150 years. Maybe pressure was put on the US government. Or maybe, they wanted Japanese backing during the cold war.
        Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        They dropped 2 hydrogen bombs ?

wow. you are a font of knowledge. (font 6 , airhead)

Don't be daft. Everyone knows they were quark/neutron/strange bombs.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            You only have to read the first quote from him in that story to see that what he said isn't what the headline says he said.

FFS, people, if you're going to base a thread on a Fail story, at least base it on the story, not the headline. Hint: 99% of the time, the story doesn't say what's in the headline

(The story's usually total horsetulip in its own right, but that's another matter.)
            I didn't base the thread on his comments, I based it on the shock that they had 'comfort workers' as slave prostitutes, it was a new barbarity I wasn't expecting.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              I didn't base the thread on his comments, I based it on the shock that they had 'comfort workers' as slave prostitutes, it was a new barbarity I wasn't expecting.
              It was my concern that the level of barbarity of Japanese soldiers in WW2 had been forgotten and the audacity of Mayor Toru Hashimoto original comment. His comment would be like the German PM saying the British internment camps were similar to the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp. Yes, they were both used for internment but there the similarity firmly ends.

Comment

Working...
              X