• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cold cold cold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Apart from the 6 months of the year when it's dark.
    That's why I said poles. You switch between the two and get 24/7 sunlight all year round.

I'm a visionary.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      That's why I said poles. You switch between the two and get 24/7 sunlight all year round.

I'm a visionary.
      If there's one thing I've learned from watching Star Trek, it's that all engineering problems can be solved by reversing the polarity.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Desperation much in evidence. Another day, another blog. Ok, it's Forbes, but they publish just about anything from their 'contributors'. This guy ...

Peter J. Ferrara (born 1955) is an American lawyer, policy analyst, and columnist who is the current general counsel for the American Civil Rights Union and analyst for The Heartland Institute.

seems to be even more devoid of scientific credentials than the usual cross-post we get here. Heartland being the charming people who associated believers in AGW with the Unabomber in a series of tasteless billboards.

Can't be Rsed debunking this rubbish, I doubt if anyone here cares much. If you do - just cross-refer his arguments with the Skeptical Science website. The piece is just a collection of long-discredited BS.

Arguments from Global Warming Skeptics and what the science really says

In other news, a recent paper in the journal Environmental Research Letters analysed a sample of circa 12,000 recent papers on climate change and Global Warming, rating them according to whether they endorsed or rejected the concensus position that human activity is causing most of GW. The study concluded that of those expressing a position ....

My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
          Never mind global warming, we need to stop that giant pacman....
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

If enough people believe it hard enough, that makes it true?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
              Desperation much in evidence. Another day, another blog. Ok, it's Forbes, but they publish just about anything from their 'contributors'. This guy ...

Peter J. Ferrara (born 1955) is an American lawyer, policy analyst, and columnist who is the current general counsel for the American Civil Rights Union and analyst for The Heartland Institute.

seems to be even more devoid of scientific credentials than the usual cross-post we get here. Heartland being the charming people who associated believers in AGW with the Unabomber in a series of tasteless billboards.

Can't be Rsed debunking this rubbish, I doubt if anyone here cares much. If you do - just cross-refer his arguments with the Skeptical Science website. The piece is just a collection of long-discredited BS.

Arguments from Global Warming Skeptics and what the science really says

In other news, a recent paper in the journal Environmental Research Letters analysed a sample of circa 12,000 recent papers on climate change and Global Warming, rating them according to whether they endorsed or rejected the concensus position that human activity is causing most of GW. The study concluded that of those expressing a position ....

Trouble is that the pro climate science lobby are such a bunch of condescending tosspots, it almost makes you hope that they are right so that when you buy a new car and choose a 6.3 litre v8 over a Toyota Pious, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you have just annoyed them almost as much as they get on your tits in the first place

Comment

at pj

I am old enough to remember the phoney ads.

9 out of 10 cats prefer whiskas

they cant get away with that any more (except in climate science)

nowadays,

it's 9 out of ten owners, who expressed a preference, said their cats preferred whiskas.

pj and his pac man are just as phoney as the old ads. and, he knows it.
                this is not science. this is advertising

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  If enough people believe it hard enough, that makes it true?
                  When enough people believe something it makes it better than true - it makes it real.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    If there's one thing I've learned from watching Star Trek, it's that all engineering problems can be solved by reversing the polarity.
                    How long to re-fit?

Comment

Originally posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
                      How long to re-fit?
                      4 months. But I'll have it done by lunch.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X