• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2013 CUK Fat/Fit Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Rules :

1) you didn't have to stop on jan 1st to join
    2) you must report all lapses
    3) you must report all purchases spent with ciggie saved money
    4) no poster is allowed to encourage smoking, or refer to the joys of smoking in this thread
    4) this thread is allowed to become a sticky thread
    5) no smoking propaganda is to be posted in this thread
    6) the rules are subject to change
    7) anyone admitting to a lapse in cessation of smoking will not be subject to 'too much' abuse so as to a cause further lapses
    8) we can do this, we are CUK!

Thanks for listening, and any of the points above which overstepped my mark as a humble poster, I would appreciate the backing of admin and our lovely mods for such a noble cause.

Good luck folks. May this be the year you finally crack it.

Xx

Suity
    I'm gonna take up smoking tomorrow so I can quit with you all xxxx
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Why bother with a diet, why not eat sensibly, try and get some exercise when you can???

Most people will diet, hit their target weight then eat everything around them and then wonder why they are still a fat c**t.

You can eat what you want as long as you don't try and eat it all the feckin' time.

good luck!
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Oh, and staying off the booze for a few months too.
        LOL yeah, right

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Why bother with a diet, why not eat sensibly, try and get some exercise when you can???

Most people will diet, hit their target weight then eat everything around them and then wonder why they are still a fat c**t.

You can eat what you want as long as you don't try and eat it all the feckin' time.

good luck!
          *cough*

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Decided that I really need to get into shape, working away is a nightmare as I eat rubbish and do very little exercise, not planning on anything revolutionary, cut back on what I eat and do more walking to start off with, also going to take up swimming. Being the geek I am I am also using this to try some shiney new gadets so just ordered one of these and wil let you know how it goes.

I am for to pig out for my last day and a bit of 2012 wo will weigh in on Tuesday and start the proper work from there!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            *cough*
            No grub club for you then?

Damn I was planning a good 'un for the final leg
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

No grub club for you then?

Damn I was planning a good 'un for the final leg
              I said cut back!

Comment

Time to admit i can not longer eat what i could in my early 20's, back to the gym and diet from Wednesday.

Comment

good luck!
                  I agree to some extent - but I think you do need to know what is high/low calorie and give yourself a realistic idea of what you should be eating to start with (a 'portion' is about half of what you imagine it to be!). I did a couple of weeks of 'calorie counting' so I knew what I should be eating in a day. For me the easiest thing (apart from cutting out the general choccies/biscuits) was changing lunch. Soup and a roll, or better still, a walk into town for sushi and fruit < 500 cals, whereas meal in clientco canteen + cheesecake was probably 1100. And don't forget a bottle of wine is 500+.

SimonMac's regular eating habits are obviously not working. I suspect he actually needs to cut back a lot to lose the weight he wants to. I reckon a couple of weeks of calorie counting would set him on the right track.

Exercise is helpful, but never burns as many calories as you think and can serve to make you hungrier!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    I agree to some extent - but I think you do need to know what is high/low calorie and give yourself a realistic idea of what you should be eating to start with (a 'portion' is about half of what you imagine it to be!). I did a couple of weeks of 'calorie counting' so I knew what I should be eating in a day. For me the easiest thing (apart from cutting out the general choccies/biscuits) was changing lunch. Soup and a roll, or better still, a walk into town for sushi and fruit < 500 cals, whereas meal in clientco canteen + cheesecake was probably 1100. And don't forget a bottle of wine is 500+.

SimonMac's regular eating habits are obviously not working. I suspect he actually needs to cut back a lot to lose the weight he wants to. I reckon a couple of weeks of calorie counting would set him on the right track.

Exercise is helpful, but never burns as many calories as you think and can serve to make you hungrier!
                    Exactly this.

The key to losing weight and keeping it off is seeing it as a lifestyle change not a diet. If you hit it too hard, you will never keep it up. Use a calorie-counter for a few weeks, it is amazing where you can find some calories to cut out your diet. It isn't just food either, look at what you drink. I was drinking a can of coke at lunch and squash throughout the day and tea with milk. No i drink a "diet" drink at lunch, and green tea and water throughout the day and that cuts 450 calories off my daily intake.

Once you see the weight falling off, it makes it easier to continue

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      and worst of all it takes so much damned time (doing it and, in the case of a gym or pool, just getting there and back).

I wish there was some food or drink that could trick the body into increasing its metabolic rate, so you could sit at your desk sweating and glowing like a reentry vehicle and burning off calories while barely lifting a finger.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X