• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2013 CUK Fat/Fit Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So let me get this straight. When fat people say they have medical conditions that make losing weight difficult, everyone shouts at them that simple physics dictates weight change is simply calories consumed - calorie used. Yet at the same time, eating the same amount but increasing your energy usage won't lose weight?

These can't both be true. If you are at a stable weight and the only thing which changes is your exercise level, you surely HAVE TO lose weight.
    Of course you might be eating more to compensate without realising it, but that's a different story.

Two dials indeed. In fact let's take weight out of it as muscle confuses things, and talk simply in terms of inches/flab - if you burn more calories than you consume your flab has to be burned.

If you're not paying stricter attention to your diet, then your probably eating a little more without noticing due to the effects of the increased excercise your doing. A lot of 'experts' reccomend keeping a food diary every day to help highlight this sort of thing.
    If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

This week's numbers:

-0.6 KG
      -0.8% body fat

Finally broke <80 KG as well!
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        This week's numbers:

-0.6 KG
        -0.8% body fat

Finally broke <80 KG as well!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Thanks!

The difference has been the diet I can confirm. Been doing the exercise routines for years now and not seen anything like this. 2 weeks on the acid reflux/stomach acid healing diet and I've dropped 2KG and 1.2% body fat

This.... is... Sparta!!!

"Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I've lost just over 2 stone since we first started this (late 2011). I lost it over the first half of 2012 and have pretty much kept to the same routine but with slightly less discipline (ie I eat the odd pizza now).

Managed to drop 4 inches off the waistline.

Still do weekly weigh-ins on the Wii to make sure I'm not drifting up again.

Comment

I dare not look now. In last 3 months I have done very little. 5 weeks since my op now - and only done minimal exercise last 2 weeks. And I am eating loads. I really must get on the scales and find out the damage.

Comment

Excellent. I'm up 8 lbs so far this year. Another good year.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Drinking is the issue for me. We don't drink a lot normally, but let it go on holidays. However, since I broke the leg before I went back to work, after the holiday, the wife still thinks we're on holiday and hasn't adjusted the buying habits accordingly. Still, not for long...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I dare not look now. In last 3 months I have done very little. 5 weeks since my op now - and only done minimal exercise last 2 weeks. And I am eating loads. I really must get on the scales and find out the damage.
                    I discussed my huge eating issues with MrsBP last night. And last night was much betteer - I do find season change dates a good time to make changes.

Anyway MrsBP made me weigh myself. Since start of year I am up 1.5kg - but at one point I was down 8.5kg.

Onwards and downwards!

Comment

Working...
                    X