• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking Bad is amazeballs! (Spoiler Alert)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Did they actually cancel it or has it just finished?
    Merlin has been cancelled, just when it was getting really good | Television & radio | The Guardian

Comment

The headline is incorrect - it says in the text that it will run to the end of the fifth series and then not be continued. This was always the plan, the show has not been cancelled - it is just finishing.

Phew, I thought that you meant it was going to stop midway through the series and not get resolved. That would suck!!!!
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I like Weeds, it does have some pretty dark bits as well as being rather ridiculous. The first few seasons are definitely worthwhile IMO.

As for BB, I really don't get why they are stopping it so soon. The story from S5 part 1 would easily expand to a full series, the tents were a great idea and the empire-building had a lot of promise (trying to avoid any spoilers, if you've seen it you'll know what I mean).

The suggested path from the cliffhanger is rather obvious but again that could play out over full season - I can see the idea to quit while ahead but this seems a bit rushed.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
          The BBC won't screen it because its about a high school chemistry teacher that doesn't earn enough so he resorts to manufacturing drugs with his ex pupil.
          The BBC has never really gone in for buying US TV series, C4 (or 5) normally does that.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Apart from Mad Men, Buffy, High Chaparall, The Virginian, some obscure scifi epic, (now what was it called, Startrek or somesuch?), Roswell (High) etc. of course.
            I didn't say they don't do it, I said they don't do i t that much. Buffy and Star Trek were not prime TV, they stuck them on at 6pm on BBC 2 mostly! Compared to shows like Lost, House, etc, those are small fry.

The fact the biggest shows you mention (we should include X-files as a notable exception to my observations) are all from 10 years ago kind of argues my point... there are a dozen big-name US shows on C4 every year!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              According to the interweb thingie, Firefly was the bestest tv programme in the history of the universe.

So it must be true.
              FTFY
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                Am I seriously the only person who thinks that Merlin is awesome and one of the best programs on TV? ...
                My teenage niece loves it, and I was roped into buying the first 4 series on DVD for her birthday.

(I considered copying them first, but decided they'd most likely be copy protected and in any case I couldn't spare the time to watch it all.)
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Ha, I was a fan. But then I was a teenage boy when it was on

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I didn't say they don't do it, I said they don't do i t that much. Buffy and Star Trek were not prime TV, they stuck them on at 6pm on BBC 2 mostly! Compared to shows like Lost, House, etc, those are small fry.

The fact the biggest shows you mention (we should include X-files as a notable exception to my observations) are all from 10 years ago kind of argues my point... there are a dozen big-name US shows on C4 every year!
                    I think its more the fact that when Auntie was buying up those shows the likes of C4/C5 was still in the infancy if they even existed, they have now been priced out of most shows
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Ha, I was a fan. But then I was a teenage boy when it was on
                      When Buffy was on?

tulip the bed, I had you pegged for mid to late 50's.

Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X