• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maybe we should take Eugenics more seriously?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    Y

The whole reason we have a "state" is supposedly to work for it's populace - NOT the 7 million that live in London at the cost of the 53 that live elsewhere.
    Another rambling diatribe of nonsensical rubbish. What exactly is your point?

The only thing I can pick from your muddle of one liners is the "supposedly" bit. My entire point is that the state does not deliver decent services and that the people who rely upon it are badly let down and ill prepared for life. People like you wont hear a bad word said about the public sector and like all lefties would be horrified if someone came along and reformed them so that they worked.
    But there again people like you do not really care about the poor.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Not necessarily. Human intelligence follows a Gaussian distribution.
      And hard though it is to imagine, there are, and will always be, people who are much thicker than you.
      These are the people I saw in Tescos.
      They will never start a business - they probably find it difficult to read or write
      It is these people we have to carry somehow - and manufacturing used to employ most of them.

In this sense the lefties are more real than the righties, who rather naively say "I can, why can't they".
      If the state bothered to give these people a decent education then maybe they could all start their own supermarkets. The problem is that neither you or your leftie friends would have anyone left to sneer at.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        If the state bothered to give these people a decent education then maybe they could all start their own supermarkets. The problem is that neither you or your leftie friends would have anyone left to sneer at.
        We can still sneer at you, can't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          We can still sneer at you, can't we?
          It goes with the territory of being an agent

Comment

The problem is Child Benefits. Really parents should be paying the government to have kids because they have to put them through School, but for some reason the reverse is happening.

If we charged everyone who had kids the cost to the state of bringing up a child, only clever people would reproduce as we'd be doing alright.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Not necessarily. Human intelligence follows a Gaussian distribution.
              And hard though it is to imagine, there are, and will always be, people who are much thicker than you.
              These are the people I saw in Tescos.
              They will never start a business - they probably find it difficult to read or write
              It is these people we have to carry somehow - and manufacturing used to employ most of them.

In this sense the lefties are more real than the righties, who rather naively say "I can, why can't they".
              The other thing to remember is quite interesting in terms of the mindset of right and left wingers.

There is a common view among right wingers that anyone could get a job, start a business if only they had the drive. Even if it were true, it is untrue that everyone could get a job or start the business if they all had the drive. The economic model of this country simply does not support it since the changes in manufacturing (and to a lesser extent raw materials production) in the '80's. And until there is an industrial strategy (remember them) to address this, it will not change.

But it gives right wingers (who have a mindset that looks primarily at the individual) a fig lead argument to say that if person A did actions B and C they would better their lot, while ignoring that this is not a solution to the problem of unemployment as a whole (which is where the left mindset primarily is focused).

When I were a lad, I didn't understand this so imagined that right wingers were evil or stupid. Then I grew up and realised that they focus on different values. Of course there is the odd evil or stupid right winger who has not grown up and holds that left wingers are left wingers so that they can keep people poor and sneer at them.

Comment

would be horrified if someone came along and reformed them so that they worked.
                But there again people like you do not really care about the poor.
                half the reason they are knackered is due to the endless "reforms" by policitians that have no experience, knowledge or education to understand what they are doing. Look at Gove.. nightmare.

"But there again people like you do not really care about the poor. "

That's just trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
                  The problem is Child Benefits. Really parents should be paying the government to have kids because they have to put them through School, but for some reason the reverse is happening.

If we charged everyone who had kids the cost to the state of bringing up a child, only clever people would reproduce as we'd be doing alright.
                  Too true. But then society shouldn't be accepting this either - we should have put mechanisms in to control abuse of benefits a long time ago.. But that costs money doesnt it. money better given to prop up GDP.

Comment

As for this sanctimonious "I work for a charity" boll**ks then may I say I take anything like this from a CUKer with a pinch of salt
                    Why is this sanctimonious? Are you saying that he's lying?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      The other thing to remember is quite interesting in terms of the mindset of right and left wingers.

There is a common view among right wingers that anyone could get a job, start a business if only they had the drive. Even if it were true, it is untrue that everyone could get a job or start the business if they all had the drive. The economic model of this country simply does not support it since the changes in manufacturing (and to a lesser extent raw materials production) in the '80's. And until there is an industrial strategy (remember them) to address this, it will not change.

But it gives right wingers (who have a mindset that looks primarily at the individual) a fig lead argument to say that if person A did actions B and C they would better their lot, while ignoring that this is not a solution to the problem of unemployment as a whole (which is where the left mindset primarily is focused).

When I were a lad, I didn't understand this so imagined that right wingers were evil or stupid. Then I grew up and realised that they focus on different values. Of course there is the odd evil or stupid right winger who has not grown up and holds that left wingers are left wingers so that they can keep people poor and sneer at them.
                      In the right wing world it is believed that everyone has the ability to get themselves a job. With the right motivation they will create businesses along the way. We have had a left wing government for several years who's strategy it has been to grow the state when what they should have been doing is support such entrepreneurial behaviour. The reason why there is so little entrepreneurial activity is because we have been taxed and regulated according to the govt strategy and instead of educating and training our young they have instead spent money on paying people to remain on welfare.

I am not sure how you people on the left think about job creation but left wing government strategies of borrowing money to employ people to work on highly protected public sector jobs is not the way

My view of left wingers is that they are self serving people who like to think that they are caring individuals. The truth is that they are only interested in wearing the badge and that their real agenda is that everyone else should be looking after number one

Comment

Working...
                      X