• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Used nails & bolts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Ah, the whole 'what is art' question...
    You might want to ask Tracy Emin, Damien Hirst et al that question, they have a pretty "unique" answer.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I have been looking to get some stuff to hang up on the walls but I dont have a clue and dont have the time to learn.

Probably a bench time project to go with the 50 other projects I have planned.

Comment

I've a couple of nuts you can use, but of you're going to paint them could you use poster paint please?

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          Ah, the whole 'what is art' question...
          A friend of ours has recently opened an artists cooperative and we went to the grand opening.

One of the artists work just comprised a load of sheets of plywood he'd hung on the wall and then hit with an axe. I wandered around for a minute, showed my face and was about to leave when I noticed they had FREE WINE!!!!

Had a great night glugging back free wine and standing in front of the plywood nodding approvingly and asking my fellow art-ees if they could feel the rawness of the piece.

Comment

Arguably, very figurative art is rather pointless these days. All modern art is not the same and is not all random crap. I always thought of it as very individual, what prompts your memories perhaps, but some abstract art may have considerable affect on most of us it seems:

Get the picture? Art in the brain of the beholder - 17 July 2012 - New Scientist

PS Must admit, I have not "got" Jackson Pollock yet. Still looks like crap.
            PPS Or Mondrian. Still looks like crap too.
            PPPS Kandinsky. Now that's better!
            Last edited by xoggoth; 29 July 2012, 16:01.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Will be doing 20th Century art for my last OU module shortly. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

Hey! we should have a CUK art contest!
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    I'm a piss artist.

I'm not sure about nails Kay but I can let you have a load of middle aged, balding, nerdish IT contractors for a good rate. Maybe you can nail them to a wall with a load of self assessment forms and call it 'The Death of Free Enterprise'
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I did a lovely portrait of the voodoo teddy that sits beside my bed using the iPad and a stylus. I'll upload it if theres a cash prize.

Comment

Working...
                      X