• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    If you want an simpler way to get dividends you could take a look at :

iShares UK Dividend UCITS ETF ( IUKD )

It's currently yielding 4.51% and a quick scan at the holdings ( it comprises of 55 physically held UK stocks ) matches most of what you currently have.

* * * Note: This is not a recommendation. Do your own research
    Where is the fun in letting someone else do it for me!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Just wondering when to jump into Russia stocks as oil prices are killing them. Also other energy companies.
      My personal view is that I avoid BRIC stocks ( Ok, I've got a small %age think its < 3% )

I hear the media commentary noise that says these are the "growth areas of the future" but I cannot get over the endemic corruption in China,Russia and India.

Nor can I shake of the feeling that I believe there is no way that the Reds are running their companies to enrich Western shareholders.

And a quick look at my portfolio tracker reinforces that view again. I hold the BRIC ETF and it's still down 25% from the point I bought back in 2010.

Comment

My personal view is that I avoid BRIC stocks ( Ok, I've got a small %age think its < 3% )

I hear the media commentary noise that says these are the "growth areas of the future" but I cannot get over the endemic corruption in China,Russia and India.

Nor can I shake of the feeling that I believe there is no way that the Reds are running their companies to enrich Western shareholders.

And a quick look at my portfolio tracker reinforces that view again. I hold the BRIC ETF and it's still down 25% from the point I bought back in 2010.
        BRIC is old hat, MINT is where its at now (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, and Turkey)

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Where is the fun in letting someone else do it for me!
          Very true.

But you would only have one set of dealing fees. When you exit your positions you've obviously gonna take a hit with multiple shares to sell.

Of course you could buy the European or North American equivalent and get a bit of diversification going.

Comment

BRIC is old hat, MINT is where its at now (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, and Turkey)
            I'd rather p*ss it up a wall.

Comment

Very true.

But you would only have one set of dealing fees. When you exit your positions you've obviously gonna take a hit with multiple shares to sell.

Of course you could buy the European or North American equivalent and get a bit of diversification going.
              Dealing Fee's v Management Fee's, someone else is always making money on your money!

Comment

MINT is so yesterday

go large on

Turkey , Uruguay, Russia and Denmark
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  MINT is so yesterday

go large on

Turkey , Uruguay, Russia and Denmark
                  China, UAE, Nigeria and Turkey

Comment

Dealing Fee's v Management Fee's, someone else is always making money on your money!
                    Of course! How else would they afford their yachts, hookers and large houses?

Comment

Allan Roth: I can define investing in eight words. Minimize expenses and emotions. Maximize diversification and discipline. Eight words. Simple, but not easy.

Check this -
                      https://personal.vanguard.com/us/ins...-wisdom-122014

Consider Vanguard lifestrategy fund or VWRL all-world ETF (I use due to HL charges on funds)

My target allocations are as follows:
                      US+Canada 15%
                      Eur 12%
                      AsiaPac 10%
                      Japan 3%
                      UK 49%
                      REIT 3%
                      Emerging 8%

Mostly via very diversified low-cost index etf's in SIPP and ISA's. I don't think you should ignore the ROW but by all means bias towards UK due to currency of your expenses.
                      I do have a lot of UK shares but mostly cos I enjoy it, when I do a close comparison I am slightly behind the uk all-share overall, so not worth it from a return POV !

Good luck all...

Comment

Working...
                      X