• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS 'Computer Glitch'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RBS 'Computer Glitch'

Anyone know what it was?

Why the past tense? Still going on, with regular apologies from the NatWest Twitter account - they also sent me a grovelling SMS earlier, even though I haven't been affected

Comment

More to the point, was it an outsourcing related problem?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Why the past tense? Still going on, with regular apologies from the NatWest Twitter account - they also sent me a grovelling SMS earlier, even though I haven't been affected
        They say the underlying problem is fixed, but still sorting the fall out.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          They say the underlying problem is fixed, but still sorting the fall out.
          That's what managers say when they don't have a bloody clue what's going on. Partly because until you've solved the whole problem, you can't be sure whether you've solved the 'underlying problem'.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            More to the point, was it an outsourcing related problem?
            Contractors is one of the forms of outsourcing ...

Comment

Its still bust I can't transfer any £ between my accounts and direct debits due to go out yesterday have not, I can't even view my accounts online though I can login. Wasn't bothered about it before as I thought a day to sort may be so should be ok on Wednesday but no still bust and when I called them today said they can't even promise it to be ok for Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Contractors is one of the forms of outsourcing ...
                Troll.

Comment

The applied payments systems update clearly wasnt tested properly as it corrupted the existing batch processes. They've backed it out now but still need to apply all the transactions in and out which had been blocked since wednesday night.

That's what happens when you depend on too many Bobs.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Troll.
                    Troll is a form of outsourcing used to faciliate collection of monies on toll bridges.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X