• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS 'Computer Glitch'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have they gone bust ? Is my money safe ? I cant move them out now since they have stopped money transfer online.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Contractors is one of the forms of outsourcing ...
      Hire Shyte you get Shyte systems.
      Mates with one of UK testers on site who was recalled months ago as a contractor after they binned him as a permie coz the Indians are garbage and aint got a clue!!!

RBS are reaping what they sow, armageddon will hit all these banks sson enough, Loyds will be next as having been there for 10yrs myself and see the crap from Asia workin on these systems.......Phuq the banks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        It doesn't matter a damn who wrote the code, the people testing and reviewing and managing deployment/backup and emergency scenarios are the ones who are to blame and I very much doubt those roles are all off-shored.
        All code has bugs - Bobcode might be more buggy but eventually even a team of ace developers will drop clangers. And even if the bugs don't get detected, not having adequate disaster recovery can't really be blamed on Bob.

To automatically suggest a major problem is down to offshore devs is borderline racist really.
        Is it phuq ya plum!!!

Have it from mates on site that this is a direct result of poor coding testsing implementation all Offshored and Outsourced!!
        Phuq Hesgter, he sanctioned the move to put uk operations to Asia, backed by the Government which was Browns mob.

I have the transcript for his speech in Singapore which I used for Daily Mail cover story 3 years ago, 'British jobs for Bombay workers' !

Reap what you sow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Did anyone listen to Radio 4 at lunch time

Some "expert" being interviewed blamed it on "Banking systems which have been in place since the 70's which haven't been replaced yet and are starting to creak"
          pish!!!

Comment

The major problem I find ( and has been mentioned on this site many times by many people ) is that bobs do not hold their hand up when the "right there is a prod issue, anyone know what the problem might be?" call goes out.

We all make mistakes, unrealistic expectations, not enough resources, sh1te systems that we are asked to maintain, feck all testing etc etc but you have to hold your hand up sometimes pronto. "I made a change in that area, it might be me, here is what I was aksed to do and this is what was done".

Many bobs do not do that, problems get hidden, issues get multiplied, things get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolerKing View Post
              pish!!!
              On that point I would agree but let us not hide from the fact IT in banks is nothing short of a shambles.

The owning bank should be called into parliament to describe what went on and where the failures took place, crashing that system should be explained in public.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                The major problem I find ( and has been mentioned on this site many times by many people ) is that bobs do not hold their hand up when the "right there is a prod issue, anyone know what the problem might be?" call goes out.

We all make mistakes, unrealistic expectations, not enough resources, sh1te systems that we are asked to maintain, feck all testing etc etc but you have to hold your hand up sometimes pronto. "I made a change in that area, it might be me, here is what I was aksed to do and this is what was done".

Many bobs do not do that, problems get hidden, issues get multiplied, things get worse.
                But bobs live in a world where competition for jobs is high and they get fired for farting. What would you do in that culture??
                I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolerKing View Post
                  Hire Shyte you get Shyte systems.
                  Mates with one of UK testers on site who was recalled months ago as a contractor after they binned him as a permie coz the Indians are garbage and aint got a clue!!!

RBS are reaping what they sow, armageddon will hit all these banks sson enough, Loyds will be next as having been there for 10yrs myself and see the crap from Asia workin on these systems.......Phuq the banks!!!
                  Completely agree. I was at Lloyds when they outsourced their pensions IT operations to HCL. Disaster waiting to happen but what could be worse is all the hidden problems that will mean that everyone's pensions are fecked up.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Have they gone bust ? Is my money safe ? I cant move them out now since they have stopped money transfer online.
                    Me too - no access to funds, Miss R is subbing me for a few pints down the local. Them bob **** ***** ****s.

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
                      Completely agree. I was at Lloyds when they outsourced their pensions IT operations to HCL. Disaster waiting to happen but what could be worse is all the hidden problems that will mean that everyone's pensions are fecked up.
                      HCL have also been awarded full infrastructure at what was BB, now UKAR... HCL are already running late and slippage everywhere. Confidence is being lost swiftly...
                      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
                      X