• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suggestion for Apple

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    There is but you have to learn that lesson by experience.
    You have a point there...

Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Apple,

You are worth > 1/2 trillion USD now.

Why don't you spend a couple of bucks and rewrite the iTunes application. It is such a massive bloated pile of utter tulip.

Works well on Mac. It's almost like Apple are trying to tell you something

Though I don't use it, I only own Apple products for dev work.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I generally agree with Jason Snell's recent article: iTunes: Time to right the syncing ship | Macworld.

Allen Pike reckons it needs to be be fixed, but can't be on Windows: iTunes’ ball and chain: Windows - Allen Pike which just seems odd. However, his important point is that Apple are heading towards a world where devices don't need a PC because everything is in iCloud; then they don't need iTunes, and the problem just goes away. I think he's wrong, because he doesn't take account of material that isn't and will never be available through the iTMS and thus through iTunes Match: e.g. your mate's band's gig down the pub, or your wedding video. People will still want a way to get those things on to their devices.

Scott P. Hall likes it as it is: Is iTunes broken? @jsnell thinks so… « scottsscripts.

Personally, having recently dealt with the problems of moving my library to a networked drive so I can access it from the net (it worked, but took most of a weekend to sort out), and persuading my iPhone to sync with a new Mac (but the same library) without losing loads of data or forcing me to reorganise everything back the way it was (I failed), I'm in the "iTunes sucks" camp

Comment

Dear Apple

Stop using cheap plastics in your new macbooks.

With the amount the consumers pay for the hardware, is it too much to ask to have real brush aluminium, rather than cheap plastic imitations that flex under chubby fingers weight?

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
            Stop using cheap plastics in your new macbooks.

With the amount the consumers pay for the hardware, is it too much to ask to have real brush aluminium, rather than cheap plastic imitations that flex under chubby fingers weight?
            Both the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro (the only current MacBook models) have aluminium cases. Don't tell me somebody sold you a spray-painted Dell with an Apple sticker on the lid?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              It's all part of growing up
              Like becoming a permie
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                WHS

Mounting the device via USB connection and copying files directly is how it should work
                Works like that just fine on my iPod. If you don't like how iPhones manage things, get a different phone you twit.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

"It just works"!
                  Like magic

Although you did roll your eyes on more than one occasion when I asked you to transfer stuff....

It takes some getting used to. That's for sure. Not convinced I'll ever send another text messgae that doesn't take 10 bloody minutes to type ..... not ideal when trying to juggle the phone and baby who really wants to chew on the shiny new thing that looks like it might make a good teething yoke!!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    is it the type of option that a newbie will only find after the damage has already been done?
                    +1 it did the same thing to me even when I knew what it was going to do and having corrected the location to the correct directory.

Turns out that once you've set the correct directory you need to restart itunes
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

My 60gb/12000 song library is managed by iTunes beautifully, I have it synced between multiple computers via dropbox and when I moved from an iPhone to Android the sync'ing was just as easy.
                      There's always one isn't there - A clever clogs with everything under control

Once was enough for me. All those file managers are the same, wanting to take over and digest your files like a giant amoeba, never to release them. Or that was my impression with iTunes.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X