• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Darren Upton goes down for 6 years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's face it, he'll be out in 18 months (no threat to public, so early release) and probably on Dragons Den with a new money making scheme soon after that.

Comment

Nick Leeson only got 6 1/2 years!

Comment

I wouldn't want any father to be denied access to his baby, but on reading that, and having recently got a bill due to Upton's mismanagement from 5 years ago.....screw him.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          Where does it say he got 6 years? Looks like sentencing is due soon.

<cough>Victoria Louise Fraenzel | Facebook</cough>
          Poor lass, dunno what is worse, the fact that the glam lifestyle she had has been whipped from under her feet or Wilmslow now knows she is single and going to be banging her door down!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Poor lass, dunno what is worse, the fact that the glam lifestyle she had has been whipped from under her feet or Wilmslow now knows she is single and going to be banging her door down!
            she looks like she has a decent rack also

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              Ouch! I would have wanted to thump him good and proper for something like that.

Good for them!
              Of course the initial thoughts after realising that he's a lying confidence trickster was to send the boys around. However, the first thing the police warned me about was going to visit him in person, as it would have probably ended up with me in jail and him not.

It's almost a year now since it happened so while I'm not happy about it, I'm pretty much over it. What irks most is HMRC paid the money out to him so IMHO they should have been the ones taking the hit, instead they wanted paying again with interest.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                "a box at Leeds United" ... luxurious lifestyle indeed
                Locking yourself in a box is preferable to being able to see the pitch

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  It's almost a year now since it happened so while I'm not happy about it, I'm pretty much over it. What irks most is HMRC paid the money out to him so IMHO they should have been the ones taking the hit, instead they wanted paying again with interest.
                  I shouldn't expect anything less from Hector but that irks me just reading it!

Can you write off the £13k as a loss on this year's accounts so at least you have less CT to pay this year?
                  It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post

Can you write off the £13k as a loss on this year's accounts so at least you have less CT to pay this year?
                    Don't be daft!

What do you think Baggy is, Vodafone or summat?!

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post

I don't believe it can be written off against CT, I might be wrong. There are a couple of legal options left open, but I'm sure the only certain winners are the lawyers.

PS The ex-staff who thankfully went to the police, have some interesting revelations on what the were instructed to do when the proverbial hit the fan.
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X