• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

approaching 30...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

approaching 30...

i turn 30 in near on 5 months..

instead of feeling like im moving into great new, exciting territory, it feels like im having a miniture life crisis.

no wife, no kids, no home, no posh sports car, just a very temporary lifestyle moving from one robotic office to another making cash..

You poor bastard.

By the time I was thirty I had married a beautiful woman, bought 2 houses, owned several Porsches, saved £200K and travelled the world five times.

Still, try not to feel bad about it.
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 9 May 2006, 20:01.

Comment

I am nearly 60 and have a Y reg van. You can have one of our kids if you like.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

El duder... feel exactly the same ... nothing to show for the years of slogging away at keyboards...

Comment

Start being a bastard. It's got me a seriously long way and I'm not 30 yet.
          Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
            Start being a bastard. It's got me a seriously long way and I'm not 30 yet.
            well I am thinking along the same lines now... what am I in this game for exactly?

Comment

funny that...

actually, funny you said that...

thats exactly the approach i have taken on this contract, to be a bit of a miserable, moany, difficult bastard, who aint got a nice thing to say about anything or anyone.

its already got me an extension with the client

was in the middle of delivering a massive deadline today, a manager asked my opinion on the color coding of the website, some work he was doing...i looked up from my monitor filled with code and said..

'to be honest, i couldnt give a tulip'.

should have seen the look on his face.

Comment

well that worked for me el... worked on site for 19 months with a 1 p/h rise (from a $hite starting point) .. got to a crucial point in new project pointed out 2 year rule, got a nice set amount per month in addition to a £10 p/h increase.. which suited me down to ground.. (btw also got extended another 3 times since... which was nice)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                  You poor bastard.

By the time I was thirty I had married a beautiful woman, bought 2 houses, owned several Porsches, saved £200K and travelled the world five times.

Still, try not to feel bad about it.
                  Threaded.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
                    Threaded.
                    erm shouldn't that be lamborghini?

Comment

Working...
                    X