• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

approaching 30...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember when I was 30 and thinking the same as you. Now I'm 40 and married with children and still thinking the same as you. If you plan to have a house, wife and kids you can use my retirement planning scheme. Its called "keep working". phone me for details and an application pack.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
      It certainly is a mine-field out there. Best to confirm they are who they say they are with a visual on webcam if online flirting is your thing.
      works for you eh?!
      "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Originally posted by janey
        works for you eh?!
        </Slips into Barry White Mode> Aaaahhhh true lurrrrvve, baby. Switch oofffffff the lights, my hoooooney ...
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
          I remember when I was 30 and thinking the same as you. Now I'm 40 and married with children and still thinking the same as you. If you plan to have a house, wife and kids you can use my retirement planning scheme. Its called "keep working". phone me for details and an application pack.

I was digging in the yard today
          When a letter came from Southampton way
          Keep on working
          Keep on working
          I must admit I was a bit in the red
          But if you never have pleasure then you could be dead
          Keep on working
          Keep on working

But there's on thing
          They can't take away
          Hear the sea sing
          See a smiling face
          I think we're OK
          Though we all could be mad
          That's what they say
          We just can't all be bad

I got something now to think about
          I'll work all day but not to pay it out
          Keep on working
          Keep on working
          Don't care if they say where a dying race
          I'd rather be here than any other place
          Keep on working
          Keep on working

And there's another whirl
          They can't ever touch
          Just need a boy and girl
          It don't cost you much

And if your luck is in
          you might have kids at play
          To make you laugh and sing
          When you're old and gray

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
            i turn 30 in near on 5 months..

instead of feeling like im moving into great new, exciting territory, it feels like im having a miniture life crisis.

no wife, no kids, no home, no posh sports car, just a very temporary lifestyle moving from one robotic office to another making cash..

Fu.ck me, what is this, the Samaritans or something? Why is everyone so bloody miserable? I've just got a 3 month extension on £400 p/d, I'm still collecting my winning bets from miserable Spurts fans and I've got a ticket for the champs league final next week. Hope that's cheered you up a bit.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally Posted by zeitghost
              How offputting.

Some of you are young enough to be my children...

Some of you may well be my children...

No you cant fool , the Children of the Revolution ...

Enough of this handwringing, I saw Carlos Santana in concert in Antwerp last night, had a complete ball, then eating strawberries for lunch today, Brusse;s red light tonight Amsterdam this weekend and next week Ive got two weeks off.

And Im 46 next week.

La vie en Rose.

So there.

PS Carlos Santana is 59 and still gigging furiously.
              Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 10 May 2006, 13:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                Fu.ck me, what is this, the Samaritans or something? Why is everyone so bloody miserable? I've just got a 3 month extension on £400 p/d, I'm still collecting my winning bets from miserable Spurts fans and I've got a ticket for the champs league final next week. Hope that's cheered you up a bit.
                It will when Arsenal are stuffed.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W
                  Who said IT bods were sad, nerdy, antisocial geeks without a life?

If you can't get a woman then try buying yourself a motorbike, a guitar and then find some smarmy graduate 'Leadership Programme' type, who everyone despises, and punch him out in the middle of the office. You'll feel a million times better about yourself.

Post of the Month methinks !!!

Comment

By thirty I had travelled to every continent except Antarctica. Had two houses and rented another. Married for some years.

You never know what's round the corner, as me mother used to say.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Fu.ck me, what is this, the Samaritans or something?

Once spent a night on the Samaritans switchboard. 4 callers topped themselves. I wouldn't have minded so muich but three of them were the wrong number.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X