• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

approaching 30...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i turn 30 in near on 5 months..

instead of feeling like im moving into great new, exciting territory, it feels like im having a miniture life crisis.

no wife, no kids, no home, no posh sports car, just a very temporary lifestyle moving from one robotic office to another making cash..

Who said IT bods were sad, nerdy, antisocial geeks without a life?

If you can't get a woman then try buying yourself a motorbike, a guitar and then find some smarmy graduate 'Leadership Programme' type, who everyone despises, and punch him out in the middle of the office. You'll feel a million times better about yourself.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by n3il123
      well I am thinking along the same lines now... what am I in this game for exactly?
      You are in the game for one thing: time.

Time is precious. It's best to make some money quick which you can use later to free your time (your necessity to work). buying expensive toys just sucks that time away from you and you'll die working.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by el duder

instead of feeling like im moving into great new, exciting territory, it feels like im having a miniture life crisis.

no wife, no kids, no home, no posh sports car, just a very temporary lifestyle moving from one robotic office to another making cash..

It's what you are, not what you have that matters.

Comment

Knob Jockey turns 18 in a few months and has nothing more to show for it than a very shiny joystick, some sticky well thumbed magazines, and a bedroom with a big padlock on the outside.

Comment

Moan Moan Moan, that's all I ever hear from you lot.

Pity these poor buggers ...

http://www.cowabduction.com/

Comment

Slicing through grissle is never easy fungarse. Usually I just spit the fat out.

Comment

Don't do it for ever, there is more to life. But don't sweat it yet, life's not over. Plenty more to come, including more crises.

TheMonkey is right, time is precious, in fact it's all you have, and it's limited. But worrying doesn't give you any more of it. Don't panic. Just don't spend time doing things you'd look back at and regret wasting time on.

Comment

Sometimes it pays to take time to think. To think about what really matters to you. It's actually quite hard when faced with the barrage of 'enforced needs', reinforced by society and others around you. It's amazing how robotic we all become.

Comment

What are you talking about? You already had a one year off for skiing.

No, get a job, punk! And less sprite!

Btw, great avatar, couldn't imagine anything better for you myself.
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
                      Slicing through grissle is never easy fungarse.
                      gristle
                      We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Working...
                      X