• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best and most thorugh analysis of the Eurozone crisis by the wise Nouriel Roubini

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best and most thorugh analysis of the Eurozone crisis by the wise Nouriel Roubini

It's long but reasonably lucid for all but the biggest morons like PooperScooper

EconoMonitor : Nouriel Roubini's Global EconoMonitor » Eurozone Crisis: Here Are the Options, Now Choose
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    It's long but reasonably lucid for all but the biggest morons like PooperScooper

EconoMonitor : Nouriel Roubini's Global EconoMonitor » Eurozone Crisis: Here Are the Options, Now Choose
    Executive summary please
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Good....for the 9th November. The Euro-crisis is so fast moving it's already well out of date (for example it mentions the Greek referendum which never happened).
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Moron summary please, Daily Mail stylee.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Merkel to invade Poland tomorrow.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            Executive summary please
            1. Growth and Competiveness Are Restored. In this first option, policies are undertaken to rapidly restore growth and competitiveness (monetary easing, a weaker euro, core fiscal easing and the reduction of unsustainable public and private debts in clear insolvency cases), to reduce flow deficits and to restore private, public and external debt sustainability, all while the periphery undertakes continued painful austerity and structural reforms.

2. The Deflationary/Depressionary Route to the Restoration of Competitiveness.

3. The Core Permanently Subsidizes the Periphery.

4. The EZ Experiences Widespread Debt Restructurings.

An Assessment of the Likelihood of the Four Options

Option 1: Most Desirable But Quite Unlikely as Contrary to the Goals and Constraints of Germany/the ECB

Option 2 is the type of adjustment that the ECB and Germany would like to impose on the periphery, but it would be socially and politically unacceptable for most.

Option 3: Not Acceptable to the EZ Core as it Implies Permanent Subsidies to a Large Part of the Periphery, I.e. a Transfer Union Rather Than a Fiscal Union

Option 4: Widespread Debt Reductions and Eventual EZ Break-Up—Becomes the More Likely Outcome as the Other Three Options Are Not Likely or They Are Not Desirable or Sustainable

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Can I have the sub-moron Summary - Sun style.

Today's page 3, Stacie, 21 from Southend says......

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

The fastest growing country in Europe is Ireland at the moment, seems to fly in the face of his analysis that countries can't do austerity and grow.

Whether these countries stay or leave the Euro, there's no alternative to austerity, if anything austerity will be far worse if they leave the Euro becuase no-one is going to give them anything except for a few crumbs from the IMF.
                Last edited by BlasterBates; 21 November 2011, 13:54.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  1. Growth and Competiveness Are Restored. In this first option, policies are undertaken to rapidly restore growth and competitiveness (monetary easing, a weaker euro, core fiscal easing and the reduction of unsustainable public and private debts in clear insolvency cases), to reduce flow deficits and to restore private, public and external debt sustainability, all while the periphery undertakes continued painful austerity and structural reforms.

2. The Deflationary/Depressionary Route to the Restoration of Competitiveness.

3. The Core Permanently Subsidizes the Periphery.

4. The EZ Experiences Widespread Debt Restructurings.

An Assessment of the Likelihood of the Four Options

Option 1: Most Desirable But Quite Unlikely as Contrary to the Goals and Constraints of Germany/the ECB

Option 2 is the type of adjustment that the ECB and Germany would like to impose on the periphery, but it would be socially and politically unacceptable for most.

Option 3: Not Acceptable to the EZ Core as it Implies Permanent Subsidies to a Large Part of the Periphery, I.e. a Transfer Union Rather Than a Fiscal Union

Option 4: Widespread Debt Reductions and Eventual EZ Break-Up—Becomes the More Likely Outcome as the Other Three Options Are Not Likely or They Are Not Desirable or Sustainable
                  No Andyw option? Guy is obviously clueless!

Seriously though, this is a decent analysis of the situation and anyone who is fuzzy on the detail should read this.
                  Last edited by russell; 21 November 2011, 13:53.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Can I have the sub-moron Summary - Sun style.

Today's page 3, Stacie, 21 from Southend says......
                    I hate them krauts cos they bommed my grate grandadd's chipshop and that's why i nevvah met him and thats why i had 4 kids b4 i woz 14 and i am telling yous i dont take no tulip of noone innit.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X