• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budge up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Must have gone the bed with the Gina.

Name Meaning: Beautiful star.

Gina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Only applies to Europe (we all signed up remember ) AFAIK.
      I can already get in to Europe, without having to pay to get one of the local girls drunk

Comment

Could you graciously address the the rest of my arguments, our do you not know what you are talking about?

To the the tune of Leeds Finest, "I Suspect the Latter..."
        DP read it in a newspaper and therefore knows it to be wholly accurate.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          DP read it in a newspaper and therefore knows it to be wholly accurate.
          It was the Daily Mail. It was under the article about butterflies giving you cancer if you look at them.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            It's better than that. If you have a child whilst you are in the UK you cannot be deported, and yes, you guessed it, due to the Human Rights act. Basically you are deemed a family unit and since the child is then British, the parent cannot be deported.

So you do some tulipty English course here (because you don't speak English), have a sprog and you're in for life.
            According to this, you may not even need a child.

Not strictly true, that's only the case if the child is born to one of the parents being a UK or EU citizen, if not, the whole lot go, unless the child is over eight and it can be proved it has a UK life and not fair to be deported, then the parents can apply for Discretionary Leave, aka DL, which is a nightmare of waiting with no permission to work, it's no gravy boat really.

Your second paragraph is rubbish really, sorry, it's just not true, UK immigration is very tough now, EU law and HRA get in the way, but aside from that it is a police state if u r illegal here and no fun at all..
            As an ordinary bloke - I can't really tell where the truth of this lies - on the one hand, I don't care for Dim's Daily Wail sensibilities, but on the other hand, at an anecdotal level the idea that UK immigration is very tough now seems laughable. In a relatively short time I've noticed that entire floors of large clientco buildings are full of Bobs, the car washes are all staffed by eager hardworking folks who weren't in the UK 10 years (probably even 5) ago, almost no shops, pubs or hotels have UK born staff. In many ways this has advantages - the EU staff in many of these places have replaced surly gits, but it seems like a huge change. There also seem to be an enormous number of Bobs who aren't here on ICTs but have remained.

As for being illegal - I accept it ain't much fun if caught - but realistically what are the chances of that? and even that propaganda docu-soap about the immigration boot boys shows them giving people who can't furnish a passport a little bit of paper telling them to hand themselves in later - and admits that they never do.

Comment

Up here there was very little change until maybe about 4 years ago, every large office building has groups of bobs hanging around outside smoking through the day.

Comment

Working...
              X