• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So then

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Central-Scrutiniser
    Just whom does a Dalek turn to in these troubled times...
    Might I be of assistance?

Comment

I'm the only Dr Who monster on this board worth the time of day. I had all the best lines you know.

Anyone else seen the first Tardisode teaser for the new season? What are those naughty cat people up to?

TARDISode 1

Comment

Originally posted by Scaroth of the Jagaroth
        I'm the only Dr Who monster on this board worth the time of day. I had all the best lines you know.
        I see you're only all popping out of the woodwork now that I've been shuffled off to my own series.

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
          He may very well be but on the grounds that a Tory will cost me less than Gordon Brown (TB being a non-entity that is on his way out) I'll vote Tory.
          How sad and shallow.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
            How sad and shallow.
            Yes, very shallow however

a) Is this country any better after 8 years of the Tony and Gordon Show?

b) I'm broke enough to be that shallow.

PS I fully expect the tax burden to go up under Cameron in the short Term. Just as Maggie put up taxes when she came to power. In the medium to short term I think they will go down.

Of course if Cameron scrapped the Tax Credit system and then reduced the tax burden on the lower paid then he would save a mint in not managing the tax credit system (which does not go to the people intended for the simple reason it is too complex to apply for).
            Last edited by zathras; 4 April 2006, 13:31.

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
              b) I'm broke enough to be that shallow.
              That explains the outfit then

The fingerless gloves are a nice touch I thought. Very Steptoe

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
                Any fruitcakes, loonies or closet racists on the board?
                And does anyone still believe that Cameron is not a verminous little populist bastard who is indistinguishable from Tony (Bung) Blair?
                Politicians and media at play mostly... I listened to the whole interview on the Nick Ferrari show and it was fairly good. I think he's the only Tory leader to realise that trad. Tory values will not win an election any more, some thanks due to the spin machine of "new" labour (a poll that showed a selection of policies were agreed as good until they were found to have been proposed by the Tories).

I think his outburst will be a little uncomfortable for his chief spin doctor George Eustice, who once stood for UKIP in the European elections!

This is just a dig at the UKIP party who are trying to use the Freedom of Information Act to find the doners who lent the Tory party £5m or so. Cameron is keen to take some of the UKIP electorate share so expect lots of tit for tat in the future. His job is to win the next election and he will probably take a leaf out of "new" labours book: say one thing to appease the middle ground and then lean towards a tradionally right wing agenda once in power and the true state of the economy has finally been revealed.

Also expect this incident to be fuelled by "new" labour to distract from their "cash for peerages" embarassment.

Like zathras, I'm willing to back anyone that is prepared to reduce (or flat) tax, reform welfare, reform immigration and stop building so many prefabs in the South East.
                Last edited by hyperD; 4 April 2006, 14:26.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

No, don't say it's so

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Hey! What about me? I'm a luny too.

I've always found you to be one of the nicest, sanest, funniest posters on the board, one of the allover good guys. And now you admit to insanity.
                  Oh, the shame, oh the pity, oh the humanity, sorry alien-lizardity.....
                  Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Ah yes, but what about The Great Machine?
                    Havnt got to the resolution of that one yet. Watching the last few episodes of series three atm
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge View Post
                      Any fruitcakes, loonies or closet racists on the board?
                      And does anyone still believe that Cameron is not a verminous little populist bastard who is indistinguishable from Tony (Bung) Blair?

That's me on a moderate day. UKIP party member since 2009. I am quite unreformable. Enoch was the greatest Prime Minister this country never had, Coudenhove-Kalergi plan etc etc etc. My daughter being one of only two white kids in her year's intake of over 120 pupils changed my views forever.
                      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                      X