• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question about nice areas to live in Surrey/West London area

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about nice areas to live in Surrey/West London area

Hi,

Prawn enterprises is planning a new luxury kebab shop in London and therefore will be need to commute to the Victoria/Waterloo area on occasions.

I don't like the London/City feel, I like the open leafy Surrey feel, but don't know much about the areas with a good rail link to central London.

If anyones got some experience of living in any of the areas below, or you know they are nice, or really rough and dodgy let me know. These are have a short train journey, frequent trains and large detached houses with big gardens for sale.

Weybridge
    Walton-on-Thames
    Esher
    Hersham
    Kingston-Upon-Thames
    Richmond
    Oxshott
    Stoke D'abermon
    East Molseley
    West Molseley

etc

Not interested in rough, run down areas like Wandworth due to the grime and crime element and the lack of decent housing.

What's the most upmarket, green, safe areas I've listed above?

Cheers,

TIA

DP

Kingston town centre has a horrid one way system, traffic is quite bad, it isn't the nicest area but it's OK.

Richmond is quite nice but town centre gets very busy.

There are other nice(r) areas around there e.g. Twickenham, Barnes, Wimbledon.
    Last edited by doodab; 4 April 2011, 10:31.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You're right to aim for tulipe-holes like Kingston, West Molesley etc. They're marginally better than the tulipe holes of Wandsworth.
      When you become a millionaire however you may be able to afford a small terrace in the very posh parts of Wandsworth populated by City bankers, lawyers and rich foreigners.

HTH
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Kingston town centre has a horrid one way system, traffic is quite bad, it isn't the nicest area but it's OK.

Richmond is quite nice but town centre gets very busy.

There are other nice areas around there e.g. Twickenham, Barnes, Wimbledon.
        I've been to Wimbledon a few times and it seemed a bit too London like to me, but perhaps there are more spacious, less crammed in areas? Probably a bit too close to London, and the property doesn't look like you get much for your money.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          You're right to aim for tulipe-holes like Kingston, West Molesley etc. They're marginally better than the tulipe holes of Wandsworth.
          When you become a millionaire however you may be able to afford a small terrace in the very posh parts of Wandsworth populated by City bankers, lawyers and rich foreigners.

HTH
          You mean Southfields?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

HTH
            I don't like foreigners, lawyers are mostly stuck-up holes and bankers are all s, so I think it's a better place for you than it is for me.

Comment

I'm leaning towards Weybridge and Esher.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I'm leaning towards Weybridge and Esher.
                You need to get that seen to; most people can stand up straight.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  You need to get that seen to; most people can stand up straight.
                  Perhaps I need my Cuban heels looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Perhaps I need my Cuban heels looking at?
                    Only one of them.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X