• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Now THAT is what I call PROPER DOOM
    No this is proper Doom
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

UK growth forecast figures have been revised down, or some guff sounding like that.

The main thing is that more printing will (probably) be done*

*I made that bit up

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        UK growth forecast figures have been revised down, or some guff sounding like that.

The main thing is that more printing will (probably) be done*

*I made that bit up
        Yep.

QEn will commence.

Paper money worthless, hence why I'm buying gold and property with mine.

At the end of the day, I can give the gold and property to my children.

Imagine if you gave them pounds and they said "but pappa, these are worthless now?"

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Imagine if you gave them pounds and they said "but pappa, these are worthless now?"
          Or Confederate dollars. I used to have thick wads of them collected from packs of bubble gum.

And picture-cards depicting bloodthirsty American civil war scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
            No this is proper Doom
            God knows how many days I lost playing that. Doom 3 was the best

More Doom = current FTSE tanking, recovering the losses it clawed back yesterday at a fast rate of knots...

Comment

interesting reading

Comment

World energy crunch as nuclear and oil both go wrong - Telegraph

US food price rise is steepest in decades - Telegraph

Unemployment surges to 17-year high - Telegraph

OECD cuts growth forecast for Britain - Telegraph

Doomed!

Comment

Here's some good news:

Smartphones and apps now included in UK inflation rate calculations - Recombu

inflation is going down

Comment

Have we done this one yet?

First-time buyers offered £70,000 deposits by local councils

First-time buyers are being offered deposits of up to £70,000 by their local council to help them on the property ladder, with taxpayers footing the bill if house prices fall.
                    Which makes that 7 foot wide house yesterday worth £25,000.

Which actually looks like a sensible price for a youngster starting out with their first home.

Further reading: Sharp increase in homes for sale signals further house price falls

When push comes to shove, no market can defy the law of supply and demand for long – and that includes housing. So the sharp increase in homes being offered for sale – up 25pc last month, compared to a year ago – should come as no surprise.

The main reason that house prices have not fallen further since the credit crisis began nearly three years ago and still look expensive by historic standards is that unemployment and mortgage costs remain low. Most homeowners could afford to sit out the recession of 2008, 2009 and 2010.

The extraordinary decision by Lloyds Banking Group, a taxpayer-supported bank, to fund local councils offering first time buyers £70,000 deposits looks like a last desperate attempt to rig the market. While that may be welcomed by the NAEA it is an offer first time buyers should shun. Rather than burdening themselves with debt now, they should wait for house prices to become more affordable.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X