• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pokistan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is this crap sockie allowed to stay on here for so long?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Why is this crap sockie allowed to stay on here for so long?
      WHS

And why does he insist on spelling Pakistan wrongly?

Comment

I was asked by a supplier on a trip in Nepal to travel with across land to Kashmir.

He was a little put out when I said no as it was dangerous. You will be safe with me said, do you not trust me?!?

I said 'yes' but pointed at my face and asked him what colour I was! 'White!' came the reply. 'Exactly! I'm the wrong colour!!!'

'Good point ' he said. 'Catch a plane I'll meet you there.'
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
          Following careful consideration, I have decided against my planned trip to Karachi. This is largely down to issues of personal security and health.

As a corollary to this, I now have the opportunity of what I think may be a much more fulifilling visit to the country. I was discussing my original visit with a colleague of mine named Khalid whose family hails from Pokisatn.

Khalid has suggested that I accompany him next year back to his homeland in the north-west border region of the country where I will be assured of a much more authentic experience than that I would have had in Karachi. He is so keen , in fact, that he is offering to make a contribution towards my airfare. What nice people I work with!
          Yes, I imagine hanging out with the taliban in pakistan could be called 'authentic'

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
            in fact, that he is offering to make a contribution towards my airfare
            I missed that bit. I'd be willing to chip in a few quid too, as would many others here I suspect. We're all nice people too

Comment

Will the Queen of Denmark be going as well?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
              X