• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Currently reading ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I've just started the Aubrey/Maturin series by Patrick O'Brien.
    This is the second time I've read the series. Prompted partly because I left Alan Sugar's book at home last time out.

Alan Sugar, 'The Way I See It'. Brilliant read. Bit boring/overly long section on football, but maybe that's just because I don't like football......

Comment

around Ireland with a fridge - Tony Hawks
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Contemplating taking up Michael Pailin's Hollywood diaries next.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The littlewoods catelog - women's underwear section. Its tough to hold it with just your left hand - anyone got any suggestions?

Comment

kneel?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              The littlewoods catelog - women's underwear section. Its tough to hold it with just your left hand - anyone got any suggestions?
              I think they now do a mini-catalogue if that's any help? Failing that you could access it online.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                around Ireland with a fridge - Tony Hawks
                That is the most self indulgant whiney book I've ever read.
                What really annoyed me about it is that Tony can be quite funny but his book was worse than an Adam Sandler movie.
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Nelson Mandela's Biography.
                  Not that enthralling really, and I haven't even reached the part where he gets to Robben Island yet.
                  Still, better crack on with it as I want to finish it before he pops his clogs.
                  Read it a long time ago and found it interesting.

[Spoiler alert]
                  He became president.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                    I think they now do a mini-catalogue if that's any help? Failing that you could access it online.
                    Thanks - I will apply for the mini catalog. I did try it online but 1st time I dropped the laptop and it broke. The 2nd time my emission went over the keyboard - I dont think the computer repair man believed my story that it was mash potato....

Comment

Currently reading Superfreakonomics: Global Cooling, Patriotic Prostitutes and Why Suicide Bombers Should Buy Life Insurance; Steven D Levitt, Stephen J Dubner (2010)

In 1900, horse accidents claimed the lives of 200 New Yorkers, or 1 of every 17,000 residents. In 2007, meanwhile, 274 New Yorkers dies in auto accidents, or 1 of every 30,000 residents. This means that a New Yorker was nearly twice as likely to die from a horse accident in 1900 than from a car accident today.
                      Fascinating stuff, and I haven't even reached the chapter on the prossies yet

In fact quite a few of the 500 or so ebooks I've downloaded so far this weekend look pretty interesting.

Counterterrorism and Open Source Intelligence; U Wiil (ed) (Springer Wien, 2011)

Fundamental Questions of Practical Cosmology; Y Baryshev et al (Springer, 2012)

Big C++; C Horstmann, T Budd (Wiley, 2nd ed, 2009)

LaTeX and Friends; M van Dongen (Springer, 2012)

Should keep me off the streets for a few days.

P.S. Oh and Sasguru, if you're interested, as I know you're into stats and clinical testing and suchlike :

The Analysis of Covariance and Alternatives; B Huitema (Wiley, 2nd ed, 2011)

(From a quick skim, it seems written in quite a vivid and in places almost racy style. Might actually manage to make statistics sound interesting!)
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X