• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Currently reading ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'tis horrifying in places certainly. there were bits on massive radical surgery that made me squeam but it is also bizarre, dramatic and rarely less than fascinating. amazing how little was known about how cancers actually work up until very, very recently. a recommended read.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Is that a new one?
      Yeah - still in hard back
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Currently going through "It's your time you're wasting" by Frank Chalk.
        A humourous indictment of modern inner-city comprehensive schooling. Would be funnier if it were not so true.

7/10
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Inspired by the thread about comp sci graduates, this just landed on my doorstep:

Introduction to the Theory of Computation: Amazon.co.uk: Michael Sipser: 9780619217648: Books
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Started on Dance of Dragons by George R.R. Martin. The book weighs a ton!
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Currently reading some horror stories on Kindle. Pretty crap, I like proper supernatural horror stories with ghosts and demons, not the violent gore fest sort. But having got it for Christmas I just downloaded various cheap things at random.

PS The best ever, ever, ever fiction will be out on Kindle shortly. Just checking it through now.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

De Re Atari

Comment

David Copperfield. Been reading it for ages and still only 1/4 of the way through... one thing with e-books is you don't get the same impression about how long a book is by picking it up

Liking it a lot.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    David Copperfield. Been reading it for ages and still only 1/4 of the way through... one thing with e-books is you don't get the same impression about how long a book is by picking it up

Liking it a lot.
                    Charles Dickens was the social commentator of his time. Unfortunately society at the time just thought he wrote exceedingly good stories.

Comment

I've just finished reading The Racing Post in trap one
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X