• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reputation and Post Counts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. 8086
    2. 8088
    3. 80286
    4. 80386
    5. Pentium

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The reputation system allows you to vote for or against other people's posts. (You can also enter a reason for your vote.)

The votes for and against are aggregated and used to derive a score which is mapped to a description, which is then displayed with that user's posts. Over time, the idiots will gain more insulting descriptions and those who generally manage to make a useful contribution will get something more fulsome.

There are various controls to prevent the usual suspects from trying to game the system with their sockpuppets: for example, you can only vote on a fairly small number of posts a day, and once you have voted on a user you have to record a number of votes on other users before you can vote again on the original user.

The "post count" bit is about restoring posts in Light Relief to the post count system: expect Zeity's contributions to TPD to cause his recalculated count to overflow the space allotted in the database
      That doesn't suprise me
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Why can't we just use the usernames like we do now?

-100. Minestone
        100+. Cojak
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
          1. 8086
          2. 8088
          3. 80286
          4. 80386
          5. Pentium
          Is there something wrong with the 486?
          (Apart from the bug)

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            Why can't we just use the usernames like we do now?

-100. Minestone
            100+. Cojak
            Where would "grovelling bastard" appear on your scale?

Comment

Is it possible that you plug in a logic so that the post count is reset to 0 if the reputation of a poster goes down the pan ?
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Where would "grovelling bastard" appear on your scale?

I didn't want to seem to be self aggrandising so left it out
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Is there something wrong with the 486?
                  (Apart from the bug)
                  Grr, the phone rang while I was typing. So much for multi-tasking.

I was going add an alternative list of programming languages too, ranging from FORTRAN to VB.Net but it's too late now.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                    Grr, the phone rang while I was typing. So much for multi-tasking.

I was going add an alternative list of programming languages too, ranging from FORTRAN to VB.Net but it's too late now.
                    I take it that VB.NET would be classed as "tulipest of the tulipe"?

Comment

I take it that VB.NET would be classed as "tulipest of the tulipe"?
                      Indeed. Also known as the "Milan Benes" option.

Comment

Working...
                      X