• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Staying Away: Hotel Tips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    What's your budget?
    To be fair the day rate is crap for London, so not opulent!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I've just discovered the Ibis Business scheme, gives 10% discount on rooms/food/bar bills (not on all of the Accor Brands though) and Gold Status. Costs £55ish a year, but I saved that within 2 weeks

Comment

Odd question but can anyone recommend a decent backpack or mobile office bag for laptop, bit of paperwork & enough clothes for a 2 night stay - just to save me having a laptop bag and suitcase\holdall?

Travelling by train otherwise i'd just lump it in car. Home - London straight to office and probably back the next evening sometimes 2 nights away.

Comment

Originally posted by philo View Post
          Odd question but can anyone recommend a decent backpack or mobile office bag for laptop, bit of paperwork & enough clothes for a 2 night stay - just to save me having a laptop bag and suitcase\holdall?

Travelling by train otherwise i'd just lump it in car. Home - London straight to office and probably back the next evening sometimes 2 nights away.
          I have an osprey backpac which has a laptop compartment. It's quite large about 40l.

I also have a smaller I think 20l lowe alpine one with a laptop compartment.

I got them both from an outdoor shop. (The shop changed name between the time I I brought them.) So would suggest you go into a decent one and have a look.

Personally I prefer using a separate very slim laptop bag when travelling by train long distance - there are loads on Amazon - that way I can put my clothes up on a shelf but keep my laptop on me while on the train. Shorter train journeys I would use one of the bags as it ends up between my legs.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I have a samsonite carry-on bag and a slip case for the laptop. That's enough for a 3 day trip, and I throw the laptop into the bag for transport. For shorter trips I have a backpack with a laptop section.
            I've also got a Lowepro camera backpack that can take a 17" laptop in one section and is big enough for a lot of camera gear (or several days of clothes)
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by philo View Post

Staples used to do some nice backpacks with enough space for a couple of days.

Failing that, get a wheelie one and a TYLT Energi backpack that slides onto the handle and has an internal battery that means you can charge your devices while on the move too.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Staples used to do some nice backpacks with enough space for a couple of days.
                Random ones still do.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Laptop and clothes sorted, cheap and replaceable:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I ordered Targus TSB700EU City Gear Rolling back in 2014, its a solid bag. It can hold two laptops
                    Its large enough for a laptop plus a washbag and 2 days worth of clobber.
                    Plus its got a retractable handle so you can wheel it if you want

Comment

Thanks for the tips

Already got to the carrier bags so looking to upgrade!

Comment

Working...
                      X