• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tony Banks (Lord Stratford) is "gravely ill"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Banks (Lord Stratford) is "gravely ill"

The former West Ham MP, Chelsea fan, and ex-sports minister has suffered a stroke.

Anyone have any good memories of him?

Originally posted by wendigo100
    The former West Ham MP, Chelsea fan, and ex-sports minister has suffered a stroke.

Anyone have any good memories of him?
    No

Another self serving egotistical useless twa*t
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

He may have been a lefty but I always liked Banks.

a) Humerous. The remark about Hague that the Tories had elected a foetus was priceless.

b) He was anti fox hunting and pro pidgeon. What else matters but liking pidgeons?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
        No

Another self serving egotistical useless twa*t
        didn't know he was a tory.

Comment

Joy

another politician bites the dust.

Any day where a politician loses their job (or becomes ill therefore unable to do their job) is a truly good day.

Comment

Originally posted by benn0
            didn't know he was a tory.
            Neither party has a monopoly on egotistical tw@ts ... though the more likeable New Lier ones seem to be dropping off like flies ... to reveal the turd on which they all feasted ...

Fungus

Comment

I thought his save from the head of Pele was outstanding.

Comment

Now that Bank's is brain dead, will Blair give him a senior cabinet post ...

Comment

Pretty discraceful, even his mate David Mellor had some good words to say.
                  I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
                    Pretty discraceful, even his mate David Mellor had some good words to say.
                    Actually I quite liked the man. Even though he was a lefty. His quips were amusing. Saying that he hated dealing with his constituents petty problems was not tactful, but honest. I remember him saying that he was gobsmacked when Blair asked him to be a cabinet minister. I think he thought he was the last person who would be asked to be in the cabinet.

Sadly he died this evening according to R4 news. Only 62 too.

Fungus

Comment

Working...
                    X