• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

and the enfusion of a GOOD QUALITY red wine will add to the taste

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the wrong, sorry fellows, I don't have a Rothschild Chateauneuf de Pape, it is a Mouton. Maybe I should should drink less and then I could see the labels.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

For day to day drinking, around £4 to £7 - plenty of decent wines at that price... when out on the town anything up to £400.

Chianti, as previously mentioned, is usually a good choice, and Brunello di Montalcino, at least 10 years old, preferably 1982 or 1988 from the Soldera estate... had a very good Chateau Latour recently, 'twas lovely...
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon
        I'm in the wrong, sorry fellows, I don't have a Rothschild Chateauneuf de Pape, it is a Mouton. Maybe I should should drink less and then I could see the labels.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Anyone had any Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc or Pelorus?

Comment

Sounds Oz-tralian.... never had one as far as I can recall... another recommendation is most of the output from Conche Y Toro - Chilean, very reasonably priced, havent had a bad one yet.

Sorry, cute blonde on TV.

I also drink McGuigan wines sometimes, but thats because he is a relative.
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

NZ... supposed to have a reputation of being a "king of wines" and very difficult to get hold of. I've never bought the good vintages but wondering whether it is a hype thing or whether it is as good as people make out.

(Not to be confused with Oyster Bay Sav Blanc from Tescos, which is quite dry and pleasant nonetheless)

Comment

Mmm... I would imagine the output is quite small comparatively speaking... where have you seen it on sale, I might give it a go...

While on the subject of white wines, a nice crisp Chablis is very refreshing - goes very well with student nurses.
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Laithwaites have the Chardonnay but the Sav Blanc is hard to find in the UK - a little easier in the UK and USA.

http://www.wineandco.com

are showing some. Best bet is wine merchants but there's this problem where the reputation for this wine is high and people deliberately inflate the retail price by as much as 50% or so (~£30).

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                    Anyone had any Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc or Pelorus?
                    Yes, I've had the Cloudy Bay. The 1995 was a truly exceptional year (drinking in 1997). Years since then less so, but a mighty fine tipple it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                      Yes, I've had the Cloudy Bay. The 1995 was a truly exceptional year (drinking in 1997). Years since then less so, but a mighty fine tipple it is.
                      Lucky man LB - where did you purchase that fine wine from?

Comment

Working...
                      X