• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone know who The Stig is?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Rebecca Loos]I was in the audience for Top Gear once ...
    QUOTE]

Ah I remember you. You were the short bald bloke with the beard.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Ah I remember you. You were the short bald bloke with the beard.
      Nah, don't be daft, that was Sandy.

Comment

He cudda been a contendah!

Originally posted by Bagpuss
        Wouldn't be very exciting for an ex world rally champion, rather boring I suspect.
        But pretty exciting compared with his fellow-Finn, Ari Vartenen, who is now a Euro MP for somewhere in France. What would you prefer; nodding off while listening to some petty Eurocrat droning on about olive production in Portugal, or driving round a wet racing track in a flash motor?

Comment

Originally posted by white-anglo-reactionary
          But pretty exciting compared with his fellow-Finn, Ari Vartenen, who is now a Euro MP for somewhere in France. What would you prefer; nodding off while listening to some petty Eurocrat droning on about olive production in Portugal, or driving round a wet racing track in a flash motor?
          Stig Blomqvist is actually a top bloke. Still competing at the top level in all sorts of vehicles. He’ll be out on Rally Sweden next month.

P.S - He's Swedish, not Finnish.

Comment

I'm the stig.

See?

Comment

I think the Stig is Christine Hamilton. Anything for publicity.

Fungus

Comment

Not the Stig!

Comment

FFS! That marshall must have converted to Celtism...
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                    I was in the audience for Top Gear once (free martinis! who's a girl to refuse an invite like that hey?)

We were treated quite badly by that prat Jeremie Clarkson - do you know he's got a very bad sense of balance and kept falling on spectators every time he went close to them? They kept having to do retakes of this "live" show... hilarious. Anyway he is a prat

So I will be spoiling his fun and reveal who the Stig is - I didn't realise his identity was such a closely guarded secret!
                    He is called Stig Blomqvist and is a Swedish rally driver aged about 40-45 I reckon.

Oh Oh! Sorry young lady! I just seem to lose my balance and fall all over you

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                      well I don't particularly like cars or know much about them but sometimes you get information on things you don't give a flying f**k about!
                      Like who The Stig is

Like he's got an exciting job... driving cars round a track.... mmmmh... good work mate
                      Well obviously people do give a "flying f*** about" as they're responding and conversing about the subject.... and, personally, if I had the opportunity to try racing ....of any variety, I would have a go at it.... career, even better. I think I speak for quite a few people there.... horses for courses!

Comment

Working...
                      X