• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Auctions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you mean the A8 ? nice choice

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivor1
      I had a (Ford) Racing Puma before http://www2.uol.com.br/bestcars/carr...g_Puma_800.jpg

That was very firm and noisey, I had it for 5 years and then swapped in for my current Audi S3 which I had 10 months now. But Im sooo bored with the Audi its like driving an arm-chair, I want it raw again

I'd get a car with a bit of warranty left on it. The build quality won't be anything like the Audi, but the smiles per mile will be

The turbo VX is probably the fastest car that can be had for around 15k.
      If you want something nearly as much fun as an elise but without the hassle, I'd recommend a Toyota MR2 roadster or for another few K a Honda S2000.
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 5 January 2006, 15:03.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
        If you want something nearly as much fun as an elise but without the hassle, I'd recommend a Toyota MR2 roadster or for another few K a Honda S2000.
        I agree. The S2000 offers a similar drive but with bullet-proof reliability and practicality. Every owner I've ever met (only 3 tbh!) swears by them and I seem to recall it topping a car satisfaction survey not so long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ALM
          I agree. The S2000 offers a similar drive but with bullet-proof reliability and practicality. Every owner I've ever met (only 3 tbh!) swears by them and I seem to recall it topping a car satisfaction survey not so long ago.
          I've got one so I'm a little biased. It went in for it's first service the other day. £130, which I believe is less than a ford focus service!

Be careful of those surveys though, the owners groups tend to spam them!
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I have to agree Mrs N3 has an s2000 and it is the dogs danglies... fast, comfortable.. and cheapish to run

Comment

bloody sissy cars!!!

This is what you want:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAZ535-7-8X8-E...QQcmdZViewItem

MTB

Comment

What do you have to do to buy something at these big auctions? Do you need to register beforehand? What are the payment terms, can you put a deposit down and then pay within so many days or something?

Comment

Originally posted by jason986
                  What do you have to do to buy something at these big auctions? Do you need to register beforehand? What are the payment terms, can you put a deposit down and then pay within so many days or something?
                  Nothing beforehand, you just bid then if you win pay a small buyers fee and a 10% deposit (by debit card, cash or cheque, no credit cards). If the vehicle has a warranty you get an hour to check it is OK in which time you can get your money back should it not be as described. At the big auctions e.g. bca, the cars (except private budget buys) are from reputable sources e.g. avis, hitachi finance, loyds, leaseplan, inchscape, arnold clark, sytner etc. so the risk is fairly low although it does help if you know a little.

If you are thinking of buying at auction go to a few first to get a hang of it, because it's easy to get carried away. I wouldn't buy from a weekend one, you'll just be bidding against mug punters.

I bet a very large proportion of ebay cars are straight from the auctions. There is money to be made, I'm seriously considering buying/selling a few.
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 6 January 2006, 11:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    I bet a very large proportion of ebay cars are straight from the auctions. There is money to be made, I'm seriously considering buying/selling a few.
                    Exactly why I was asking the question! Because a lot of the Ebay cars do come straight from auction. Obviously the profit isn't as high but you are 'almost' guaranteed a quick turn round.

BCA in Manchester is the closest to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jason986
                      Exactly why I was asking the question! Because a lot of the Ebay cars do come straight from auction. Obviously the profit isn't as high but you are 'almost' guaranteed a quick turn round.

BCA in Manchester is the closest to me.
                      That's why I'd use ebay, you are almost guaranteed a sale.
                      The 2,500 laguna has a low book of 4k, so a quick grand on ebay, for an hour or two at the auction is pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                      X