• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anybody tried Quorn?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Eleven people who became ill after eating Quorn have urged the giant natural-foods chain Whole Foods not to carry—or to at least post warning signs about—the controversial fungus-based meat substitute. In a letter to Whole Foods president John Mackey, the victims expressed dismay that the chain continued to sell the product"

Yep, ban Quorn, ban the sale of nuts, kill all the bee's in the world because a few people have an allergy to something or other...typical leftish/PC b*llocks.

Personally I like Quorn, seems healthy, most (not all) of the range seems tasty. Have been quite surprised by some of the products, including this one:

Comment

Most of the gurning from the US is for two reasons:

1. They didn't develop the product, it was a UK project: Sainsbury's provided the cash, Manchester University provided the technical knowledge, and Zeneca provided the facilities.

2. The US is the world's largest producer of soya, a product that Quorn threatens to render surplus to requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
        I have some Quorn sausages under the grill - first time ive tried 'em.

Apparently they are very low fat and full of easily utilised protein.. as I career headlong towards middle age Im moving away from my daily diet of steaks and champagne to vegetables and chablis... part of a new year resolution fad perhaps... but worth a try....
        Who wants to live forever?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          Who wants to live forever?
          Dunno but it seems like it while New Lier are in power ...

Comment

No, but while new lier are in power we're all going to have to WORK forever.

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles
              No, but while new lier are in power we're all going to have to WORK forever.
              It's only fair, RSoles. We've got to support the lazy and feckless who have failed to save for their later years.

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                Well, I bought some mince, but tried the sausages to see what the 'shop bought' flavour was like - and that was good...

I don't like the mince - it has a strange metallic flavour. Much prefer Realeat's Vegemince. The whole family eat it on a regular basis. Makes a mean bolognaise.

Comment

Even though I worked on the Quorn project, I have to be honest I don't eat it myself as I'm too much of a meaty. I've got a brace of pheasant for dinner tonight. Scrummy.

Comment

Why eat something that resembles Meat or tasts like meat?

Balanced diet is what you are designed for (Carnivors is what we are)
                    If you really want to eat veggie....then eat veg not Linda Bloody McArtney burgers

Comment

Im not cutting out meat completely, just cutting down on it... Quorn seems a relatively painless way to achieve that...
                      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                      X