• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CSA - How much do I have to pay?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a clean break quicky divorce, no SM involved.

The key area looks like the Dividend, which I'm sure she will pick up on considering that she is a solicitor What other options have I got !.. I want to be in a situation where I pay my share of childcare not what is dictated by CSA(even if their calculations say I should pay less). I dont want her to have any power over me!

css_jay99
    Last edited by css_jay99; 15 December 2009, 13:30.

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
      It was a clean break quicky divorce, no SM involved.

The key area looks like the Dividend, which I'm sure she will pick up on considering that she is a solicitor What other options have I got !.. I want to be in a situation where I pay my share of childcare not what is dictated by CSA(even if their calculations say I should pay less). I dont want her to have any power over me!

css_jay99
      You can always pay whatever you agree. I personally don't think your contribution should change because of the choices she has now made. You can come to a private agreement, but these are not actually binding and can always be overruled by the CSA should either party choose to involve them.

From your numbers your required payment would be 38,000 * .15 * 6/7 = 407 pm. If you feel what you actually take from your company understates your income then you can choose to make up the difference. That's between you and your conscience. If you believe what you have been paying is fair then there is no reason whatsoever to change it.

Whether you like it or not she does have some poer over you, but that is limited simply by what you allow and the fact that she can go to the CSA.

Comment

Working...
      X