• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most nerve racking airplane flight(s)...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well recently I was on this Cathay Pacific flight out of Hong Kong and this crazy French woman gets up and goes to open the door so she can have a fag. Everyone was shouting at her as loud as they could to stop, but typical bl**dy french, kept on pretending she didn't understand a word of English and keeps saying "va te faire foutre!" or some such thing.

In the end a couple of Aussie rugby players high tackled her but even though she was only 5ft2 she was just too strong (think she must have been a member of the French womens rugby team or something), threw the guys off and, despite the 10 tons of air pressure, managed to get the door open.

It was certainly nerve-wracking few moments but luckily in the end it all turned out well. She got to smoke her fag on the way down and we got some fresh air.

Honest...

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
      Was that the moment the picture was taken for your avatar, you do look like you are cacking yourself

WELL..... funny you should say that but Clownio Jnr was actually sitting next to the door that flew open and understandably is now sh1t scared of helicopters and the look on his face when it happened was not too dissimilar to my avitar.
      I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

Originally posted by Clownio
        WELL..... funny you should say that but Clownio Jnr was actually sitting next to the door that flew open and understandably is now sh1t scared of helicopters and the look on his face when it happened was not too dissimilar to my avitar.
        Closely followed by an extreme thraaaping sound and a gently wafting aroma I imagine.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Flying from Cairns to Darwin 2002,
          should have been a 2 hr flight, one hour in
          we get lightening, and lots of turbulence, the
          plane then dropped 100ft,
          smoke in the cabin, lights had gone out, and all the air
          masks came crashing down, we then managed
          an emergency landing somewhere on an old dusty
          airstrip.

Frightening.

Comment

Working...