• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha yes very good I should really preview before posting. Ironically when writting descent I often write decent instead

I blame spell checkers............................

Comment

Deceit more like

Comment

"but they seemed v. expensive and they wanted a £75 upfront 'application' fee ",

how dare they !!

perhaps to cover themselves and the time they take to create an offering against potential tyre kicking dreamer customers

experience has taught that perhaps the company charging for their time is the one to go to as they will use their time to find the best prodcut for you

as opposed to the company which doesn't charge for their time and chooses the best product for themselves (commission)

we live and learn in life

Milan.

Comment

Mortgages

We tend to use a firm called www.brighambrining.co.uk, the mortgage contact is Julie Marsden on [email protected].

Before anyone asks, unlike other accountants we don't receive any commission from these guys, they receive referrals on merit rather than by how much they can line my pockets!!
          Last edited by Darren@UptonAccountants; 23 November 2005, 09:18.

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
            But if you are PAYE for your company then you can make your own payslips up.....no need for celfcert then......

Agreed in principle with the above. However, its a bit late in the financial year for this trick since the payslips have an item called gross to date, and its pretty easy to see that you've been paying yourself £500 a month for 6 months and then for the last three given yourself £5000.

If you want to play this one do it for a mortgage you apply for in June or July and pay yourself a decent (or maybe even a descent )wedge from April.

Don't even think about faking the payslips as they ask to see statements from the account your salary is paid into as well.

If you bank personally with the same bank as your business account, I thnk you'll find them more accomodating as well.

Comment

Do not under any circumstances use the Britania Building society, a worse bunch of incompetent chuntes you will be hard pressed to find
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
              X