• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ASDA dangerous weapon rant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASDA dangerous weapon rant

Amongst other things I bought a smart-price y-shaped vegetable peeler from ASDA yesterday. I took it though the automated checkout and tried to ring it through. A message appeared on the screen: "Please await authorisation"

I had to wait for 5 minutes for someone to come and authorise it. The assistant explained to me that it could be used as a weapon. I complained that it would take me over an hour to scrape someone to death with it.

You should see that damage that can be done with a cheese grater.
    I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post
      I complained that it would take me over an hour to scrape someone to death with it.
      Over an hour to die

They should replace all potato peelers with guns. That way the death would be a lot quicker!
      Originally posted by cailin maith
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

A bit like needing authorization to buy more than a pack of aspirins.

A determined suicider would not think of making seperate purchases. Or visiting several shops. Or some other way of killing themself.

Comment

I had the same hassle buying a chainsaw in Tesco. Nanny state gone mental.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            A bit like needing authorization to buy more than a pack of aspirins.

A determined suicider would not think of making seperate purchases. Or visiting several shops. Or some other way of killing themself.
            A suitably determined suicidist would have a hard time killing themselves with a potato peeler - although I'm sure that they could

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I had the same hassle buying a chainsaw in Tesco. Nanny state gone mental.
              Why buy a chainsaw? Surely all you need do is start it up and walk purposefully out of the shop?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Why buy a chainsaw? Surely all you need do is start it up and walk purposefully out of the shop?
                Suicide is not illegal but theft is, no need to put a spot on yer otherwise spotless reputation by stealing a chainsaw and then sawing your self to death with it...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Suicide is not illegal but theft is, no need to put a spot on yer otherwise spotless reputation by stealing a chainsaw and then sawing your self to death with it...
                  It was until 1961!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    It was until 1961!
                    What was the penalty for it?

Comment

Working...
                    X