• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ID cards will lead to 'massive fraud'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This requires someone hacking into the "National Identity Register" Database, not someone stealing your card.
    All sounds very unlikey until you realise that the National Identity Register will be developed and maintained by muppets at EDS (at HUGE public expense) in India where the staff will not give two tulips about the identity or safety of UK people and will be bribed for about the price of a cheese sandwich.

Which was nice.

Comment

And another thing.

An ID card will be a combination of std ID (your photo etc) and BIO on a chip.

When some scrote nicks your card what to stop them putting their photo on it and presenting it. How many places will have the biometric gear at hand to scan the scrotes iris, take their fingerprints, voice, DNA and feck knows what to prove they are not who they say they are?

Those holding the card are likely to be thought as the person whose name appears on the card.

Comment

Would you believe it. I've just been kicked out onto the street because someone hacked into a database and took ownership of my house.

I've been told there's nothing I can do without biometric proof of ownership.

Oh, and my car. And apparently I'm not married anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          How many places will have the biometric gear at hand to scan the scrotes iris, take their fingerprints, voice, DNA and feck knows what to prove they are not who they say they are?
          My thoughts exactly. And unless everywhere has this gear, what's the point of having biometric ID card? And if you don't have biometrics, why not just use the current forms of ID we have? I've never heard any one addess this issue.

Comment

Working...
          X