• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tee Hee.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tee Hee.

I picked up the phone last night with an indian chap on the other end phoning to talk about insurance I think(never got that far).

I answered the phone with a - "Hello?"
    "Oh Hello Sir, This is Steven Jones phoning from X Company, is that Philip Smith?" (Name changed in my case)
    "Er No, Its not, can I help you at all - My Name is Imran Khan"
    "Er no, sir I can only talk to Philip Smith, is he not there?"
    "No Philip Smith here, only myself Imran Khan."
    "Oh Im sorry sir, I will update our records. Thank you for your time."

An Hour later the phone went again.

I answered the phone with a - "Hello?"
    "Oh Hello Sir, This is Rachel Smith phoning from X Company, is that Imran Khan?" "Er No, Its not, can I help you at all - My Name is Wing Chong"
    "Oh our records are wrong sir, sorry. Can you spell that sir"
    "Of course, W I N G C H O N G"
    "Mr Chong, would you be interested in reducing your payements on"
    "No thanks, Im busy"

and hung up.

Tee Hee.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I remember raging against some tinpot company about their appalling Indian call centre full of idiots who can barely speak english only for the said company to point out their call centre was in fact located in Birmingham.

Comment

Im saying nowt.
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I don't suppose anyone else listens to Radio One ??

Well, Scott Mills has been doing this thing lately where he is getting people to end phone calls by saying "I love you".

Quite amusing to say "I love you" after speaking to someone in a call centre.

Comment

I did the telesales thing once. What a have it was!

We got these call cards and on them were the details of business we had to call (hence the name call cards ). Anywho, after spending 2 days and getting no sales WHILE at the same time the guys who were running the scam were making a mint I changed my tactics!

When the scammers went to lunch I changed the call cards around that we had. I took theirs and gave them mine. Within a day I had earned $1000 in commission while the scum running the scam were getting upset because their sources had dried up!!!

Lasted about another week just so I could make sure I was paid my commission. When I left I told them what I had done...if only I had a camera to record the looks on their faces.

About a month later I got a threat in the mail from their lawyers demanding I pay back the money I had earnt. Told them to get f*cked and never heard back from the bastards!

Mailman

Comment

Glen Garry Glen Ross ROFLOL
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
            X